Author Topic: New York  (Read 32470 times)

Re: new york
« Reply #50 on: Monday 4 May 2009, 11:33:18 PM »
£215 i paid for mine few weeks ago

« Reply #51 on: Monday 4 May 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
Looking at all of the travel websites, my flights cost me more than just going to KLM directly, weird.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 5 May 2009, 07:19:54 PM »
Atm looking at L - Hostel, has some really good reivews. Know any other good ones ?

This is where I stayed, it was pretty nice, but the heating was on full blast and the dorm was like a f***ing sauna.

http://www.jazzhostels.com/jazzonthepark.php

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 5 May 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
I paid £295 return flights and about £150 a week in Candy Hostel next to Central park, about 5 weeks back.

Expensive as hell, i managed to find a TGI's next to Rockafella Center that had a 4pm-9pm happy hour, serving Coors and Bud at $2.50 and cocktails for $3. They also gave away free food on quiet nights (Mon-Thurs)

Defo need at least 5 days.

Disco

• Me reading your posts
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 5 May 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
www.hostelbookers.com is your friend for hostels lads. Has reviews n s*** on n all. www.tripadvisor.com n all is :thup:

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 5 May 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
Not new York but kind of related, we are looking to go see a redsox game when we are in boston. Is baseball really worth it, or is it just like cricket, a reason to get p*ssed.
I saw the NY Mets who aren't as popular as the NY Yankees. They hadn't won for a while but won when I saw them. The ground was full. It was an experience. Games can last over 4 hours. It's a bit of a strange game in that a lot of people turn up to watch but tend not to watch the whole game. It can seem a bit weird as they have songs, stadium stretch (group exercises), those T-shirt firing guns, cameras picking people out in the crowd and stuff like that. If you want to drink (although I wouldn't bother as it was very expensive for a 330ml can's worth in a cup) in the stadium you'll need your passport as ID.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 5 May 2009, 10:25:58 PM »
www.hostelbookers.com is your friend for hostels lads. Has reviews n s*** on n all. www.tripadvisor.com n all is :thup:

Yea I saw L hostel on that, had better reviews than the Jazz hostel and was cheaper.

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 6 May 2009, 08:43:22 AM »
This is somewhere me and a girl from work are thinking of going.

We've both began training to run a marathon and are aiming at doing the November NYC marathon but can't find anywhere that does the guranteed entry tickets and packages for less than £1500 each :(

Coco

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 6 May 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
Going over in July for about 10 days, but will spend a few out with family in Pennsylvannia...
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

« Reply #59 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:45:37 AM »
i always use www.hostelworld.com

PCW1983

• I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:59:14 AM »
Going for New Year this year, cant wait :-)
Were stopping at The Flatotel, 135 W 52nd Street
Anyone been ? any good ? looks canny on the internet like, going on a Helicopter tour on new years eve too :-)
Never give up - Winston Churchill

mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 03:01:10 PM »
Going in October.

Anyone supply me with Restaurants/Diners/Must Eats/Must Do lists?

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
going in 2 weeks tbh

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 04:52:32 PM »
going in 2 weeks tbh

I always dreamed of going to Noo Yoik! And I intend to fulfill that dream with the boy. We shall visit the Statue, Staten Island, Coney Island, and finally......... Long Island, where we shall open a can of 'Keefaz' on some poor unfortunate sod!
"You're giving ME the 'it's naat you it's me' routine? If it's anybaady, it's ME!!"
"Ok George, it's YOU!"
"You're DAMN RIGHT IT'S ME!"

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

Coco

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 07:06:18 PM »
Going on Friday morning!!!  :cheesy:
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
Going in October.

There are TGI Fridays dotted all over central NY, they all have happy hours on 3-6pm Sun-Thurs, think its like cocktails $5 and beer $4.

TIP: The TGI's round the corner from Rockafella Center (corner of 5th Av and 49th St) has their happyhour from 3pm-9pm and do cocktails at $4 and beer at $2. Not only that, but on quiet nights they have 'buffet food' on the end of the bar for free.

We were in there 4 nights (in March - deal may have changed now)

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 21 July 2009, 11:44:05 PM »
Going in October.

There are TGI Fridays dotted all over central NY, they all have happy hours on 3-6pm Sun-Thurs, think its like cocktails $5 and beer $4.

TIP: The TGI's round the corner from Rockafella Center (corner of 5th Av and 49th St) has their happyhour from 3pm-9pm and do cocktails at $4 and beer at $2. Not only that, but on quiet nights they have 'buffet food' on the end of the bar for free.

Really! The quality Italian and Chinese in new York and you say a cheap TGI fridays deal that he could go to the metro centre for!  i forgot to mention the   mc donalds in Brooklyn!

:)

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 05:10:52 AM »
Going in October.

Really! The quality Italian and Chinese in new York and you say a cheap TGI fridays deal that he could go to the metro centre for!  i forgot to mention the   mc donalds in Brooklyn!

:iamatwat:

Its New York, things will be expensive...

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 07:26:55 AM »
Going in October.

Really! The quality Italian and Chinese in new York and you say a cheap TGI fridays deal that he could go to the metro centre for!  i forgot to mention the   mc donalds in Brooklyn!

Didnt see too many other restaurants or bars selling beer for under $6 a pint. I was there on a budget so wasnt gonna turn my nose up at $2 Bud and Coors.

Never actually been to a TGI's in the UK.

hindu times

• Band meeting?
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 09:00:41 AM »
For the most part, food isn't that expensive in new york. Drinks can be, but food aint too bad. The portions are normally huge so any price increase in balanced out!

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm stocking up on cheap booze when I'm there like.

Pregame it up then have 1 drink at the bars.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
I was out for drinks here about 6 weeks ago. Lush views.

http://www.230-fifth.com/

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
Beer prices werent too bad in supermarkets - 6 x 33cl cans for about $5 i think.

Pizza takeaways - f*** me, expensive! Got the shock of me life when i walked into one near our hostel on the first night, asked for a small Tuna and Onion and got told it was $18. (Next night managed to find one up the road for $14!!)

China Town was great value mind, had a canny meal in there for about $8.

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 22 July 2009, 05:45:24 PM »
Beer prices werent too bad in supermarkets - 6 x 33cl cans for about $5 i think.

Pizza takeaways - f*** me, expensive! Got the shock of me life when i walked into one near our hostel on the first night, asked for a small Tuna and Onion and got told it was $18. (Next night managed to find one up the road for $14!!)

China Town was great value mind, had a canny meal in there for about $8.

Anything as good as Lau's all you can eat there?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt