Author Topic: North Korea, Kim Jong-un and all that...  (Read 60772 times)

Re: North Korea, Kim Jong Il and all that...
« Reply #25 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 02:36:07 PM »
He needs to go to a brothel that allows shittin, trust me.

And uses coleslaw as lube.

Never in my life did I ever think I'd read a thread that contained Kim Jong Il and coleslaw lube. Such thought provoking food for the seoul.

That deserves a laughing smiley.  :lol:

Well done.
Of course. I've been grooming Pedro for ages just to get a crack at that starfish.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #26 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
They'd never be able to hit anywhere then Uk their missiles only have a range of 5000 Miles plus we are covered by a missile shield, parts of the US (Covered by missile shields) , eastern europe(Wonder if those russian b******s will shut the f*** up about that missile shield in the Czech Republic now), Asia and Oceania are all viable targets though.

Missile shield, what missile shield?

« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 03:44:11 PM »
They'd never be able to hit anywhere then Uk their missiles only have a range of 5000 Miles plus we are covered by a missile shield, parts of the US (Covered by missile shields) , eastern europe(Wonder if those russian b******s will shut the f*** up about that missile shield in the Czech Republic now), Asia and Oceania are all viable targets though.

You do realise that the UK is only a fannies hair more than 5,000 miles away from North Korea dont you?  If they strap a couple of pigeons to the side of the missile they may well be able to make it to the UK.  :kasper:

:kinnear:
Of course. I've been grooming Pedro for ages just to get a crack at that starfish.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
Anyone got a list of interesting stuff in North Korea on google maps?

Disco

• Me reading your posts
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 03:59:36 PM »

That spizzi energi quote looked like it might be that way inclined. Might need Earth though.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 March 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

That spizzi energi quote looked like it might be that way inclined. Might need Earth though.

Yeah, I ain't got Earth though.

« Reply #31 on: Saturday 28 March 2009, 05:19:38 PM »
I forget now which book I was leafing through last year, where the author was a frequent visitor to N. Korea throughout the 90s, and there is a chapter in which he mentions state-hired actors:

On the subway, the man embarked and disembarked all day long, travelling his given route.

Same group of kids playing marbles by the govt offices all day long.

Subway trains arrive on time only for foreign visitors' visits.

When he asked his govt aide about these strange events, the man gave a matter-of-fact answer of something like, "we have to keep the image of the country up for visitors. Never know what might happen if you don't control it."

Ain't no Godfather dynasty like the Kim dynasty.

There was also the account of two Swedish salesmen  who were allowed entry into the country to sell something or the other to the govt, and when they landed they were on telly immediately, with highly political messages about them being in full support of the "great leader." They were to only travel in govt-issued vehicles and on a given route.

« Reply #32 on: Monday 30 March 2009, 06:28:43 PM »
I know some Swedes in the oil business who were met at the airport, taken to the main square where there were thousands standing in ranks in front a statue of The Great Leader - they were put in row 2 and given bunches of flowers - when the first row stepped forward and put the flowers down the whole parade moved up - they were on TV that night with the story that they'd come all the way just for the ceremony - what was really weird was that their translator, who'd actually given them the flowers, was in tears at their "Wonderful gesture" - weirder than hell

The rapturous, wild & ineffable pleasure of drinking at someone else's expense

« Reply #33 on: Monday 30 March 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
 :shifty:

Gorilla

• Likes gambling
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 31 March 2009, 11:14:45 AM »

You do realise that the UK is only a fannies hair more than 5,000 miles away from North Korea dont you?  If they strap a couple of pigeons to the side of the missile they may well be able to make it to the UK.  :kasper:

:kinnear:
Aye but its unliekly those missiles would travel 5000 miles anyway and if they did I'd bet my life they'd end up landing about 2000 miles off target.

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 31 March 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
Wor Kim is supposed to be s*** hot at poker.

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 1 April 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
aye - I heard Henry VIII and J V Stalin  didn't lose much at cards either

and Caligula used to get bent wayyyyy out of shape if his chariot team lost  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Disco

• Me reading your posts
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 1 April 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
Korea v Korea in the WC Quali's at the moment. Would love to see Korea DPR qualify.

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 1 April 2009, 12:35:33 PM »
I can remember them against Italy on Smogside................

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 1 April 2009, 01:17:36 PM »
Korea v Korea in the WC Quali's at the moment. Would love to see Korea DPR qualify.

They are two points clear, will most likely get a draw today, can see them making it tbh. If the USA (by some miracle) qualify, imagine USA vs DPR !

« Reply #40 on: Sunday 5 April 2009, 05:51:49 PM »
North Korea launches rocket over Japan

© REUTERS2009
By Linda Sieg and Jack Kim

TOKYO/SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea launched a long-range rocket over Japan on Sunday, defying calls to scrap a plan that had caused international alarm and prompting swift condemnation from Asian powers and Washington.

The United States said it would take steps to let the reclusive North know that it could not threaten the security of others with impunity.

South Korea called the launch a "reckless" act.

Japan said the rocket's second booster stage splashed down in the Pacific Ocean, indicating the launch had been a success.

"The projectile launched from North Korea today appears to have passed over towards the Pacific," the office of the Japanese prime minister said in a statement.

"It is extremely regrettable that North Korea went ahead with the launch ... and we protest strongly," said Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura.

The United States, South Korea and Japan had said the launch would actually be the test of a Taepodong-2 missile, which is designed to carry a warhead as far as Alaska.

Impoverished North Korea, which for years has used military threats to wring concessions from regional powers, has said it is putting a satellite into orbit as part of a peaceful space programme and threatened war if the rocket was intercepted.

Sunday was the second day in the April 4-8 timeframe the secretive North, which tested a nuclear device in 2006, had set for the launch. In its only previous test flight, in July 2006, the Taepodong-2 blew apart about 40 seconds after launch.

The first rocket booster stage appeared to drop into the Sea of Japan, an estimated 280 km (170 miles) west of the northern Japan coast, the prime minister's office said in a statement.

The second piece appeared to fall into the Pacific Ocean around 1,270 km (790 miles) east of Japan, it said.

JAPAN SAYS TOOK NO ACTION AGAINST ROCKET

Japan's Kyodo news agency said no interceptors had been launched at the rocket and no damage on the ground had been reported.

Japan had dispatched missile intercepting-ships and anti-missile batteries along the projected flight path.

Tokyo said it would not intercept the missile but that it was ready to shoot down any debris, such as falling booster stages, that might threaten its territory.

Analysts said the launch may help North Korean leader Kim Jong-il shore up support after a suspected stroke in August raised questions of his grip on power and bolster his hand in using military threats to win concessions from global powers.

The United States, Japan and South Korea will view the launch as a violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed in 2006 after Pyongyang carried out the nuclear test and other missile tests.

That resolution, number 1718, demands North Korea "suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile programme."

U.N. Security Council diplomats have told Reuters on condition of anonymity that no country was considering imposing new sanctions but the starting point could be discussing a resolution for the stricter enforcement of earlier sanctions.

Both Russia and China, the latter the nearest the reclusive North has to a major ally, have made clear they would block new sanctions by the Council, where they have veto power.

(Additional reporting by Jon Herskovitz and Kim Yeon-hee in Seoul, Rodney Joyce in Tokyo, Writing by Dean Yates, Editing by Jeremy Laurence)

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=15732536

:frantic:
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

« Reply #41 on: Sunday 5 April 2009, 06:13:42 PM »
And so the countdown begins.

Someone turn the Doomsday Clock to five to midnight!

« Reply #42 on: Sunday 5 April 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
Oh well fallout 3 was mint, long as I can find 100 stimpacks and a laser rifle i'll be fine.

Disco

• Me reading your posts
« Reply #43 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 03:57:33 PM »
BBC 2 Tonight

Escaping North Korea: This WorldMonday 06 April
7:00pm - 8:00pm
BBC2
The dramatic stories of North Koreans who are risking everything to escape the repression and hunger of their homeland and reach safety in the South. The border between the two Koreas is so heavily guarded that refugees are forced to flee into China, dodging border guards and risking freezing to death crossing the river that divides the two countries. This film follows two women who have decided to embark on the next stage of the journey, a desperate attempt to reach South Korea.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #44 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 08:24:04 PM »
I honestly don't feel threatened by them testing nukes or launching rockets. Probably because I live so close to the border they could level my neighborhood by throwing stones if they wanted to.

« Reply #45 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 08:26:02 PM »
I honestly don't feel threatened by them testing nukes or launching rockets. Probably because I live so close to the border they could level my neighborhood by throwing stones if they wanted to.

Can you take some photos of North Korea for us?
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

« Reply #46 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
:lol:

Oh Decky, you seen Hunger yet? Was reminded of the N. Ireland thread when I was watching it. Fantastic, gorgeous film about the Troubles, Bobby Sands and the lot.

« Reply #47 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
:lol:

Oh Decky, you seen Hunger yet? Was reminded of the N. Ireland thread when I was watching it. Fantastic, gorgeous film about the Troubles, Bobby Sands and the lot.

Yep seen it, loved it, Michael Fassbender was outstanding.

« Reply #48 on: Monday 6 April 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
Safe. ;)

Back to the topic, people.

Blefuscu

• There's only one Alan Shearer! His dad is Alan too
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 7 April 2009, 11:54:44 AM »

Have images of missiles bouncing off the invisible missile shield and little Kim thinking "Oh f***!"

League Champions 4 times, FA Cup Winners 6 times, Texaco Cup winners twice, Charity Shield winners, Fairs Cup Winners, Anglo-Italian Cup winners.

Trophy Virgins? Aye, right!