The Messi Thread

Colos Short and Curlies

merge with "other games" thread maybe? :rolleyes:

:lol: Christ. Love how various minions of the forum police crop up every now and again. It's like the Gestapo... i get increasingly nervous every time i sign on nowadays.

Gonna be a bitter pill to swallow when he signs for City.

Never ever.

He's a good kid and appreciates what Barca's done for him and his family. They took him in when he was a little kid, gave his dad a job in the club and fixed his medical problems. In all the interviews that I've read, he always mentions how grateful he is for what Barca did for him so the only chance of him leaving is if Barca stop challenging. And since the last time Barca didn't qualify for Europe was eons ago, I'm guessing Messi will retire there. I hope so anyway. His character is just the opposite of Ronaldo's (who's as unappreciative of what Man Utd and Sir Alex has done for him as you could be) and that's something you have to admire in this day and age.

Gonna be a bitter pill to swallow when he signs for City.

Never ever.

He's a good kid and appreciates what Barca's done for him and his family. They took him in when he was a little kid, gave his dad a job in the club and fixed his medical problems. In all the interviews that I've read, he always mentions how grateful he is for what Barca did for him so the only chance of him leaving is if Barca stop challenging. And since the last time Barca didn't qualify for Europe was eons ago, I'm guessing Messi will retire there. I hope so anyway. His character is just the opposite of Ronaldo's (who's as unappreciative of what Man Utd and Sir Alex has done for him as you could be).

There is absolutely no reason for Messi to leave Barca to go anywhere tbh. I'm guessing he's on a ridiculous wage already, playing for arguably one of the biggest clubs on the planet. He's adored by Barca fans and he's coming into his prime. He's living in Barcelona and has the lifestyle that most would kill for.

Why would he ever give that up to go and play for Manchester City?  ???

Money, but I don't think he's that sort of person. Barca aren't short of a few quid either if they happened to be pressured into increasing his already substantial wage.

Money, but I don't think he's that sort of person. Barca aren't short of a few quid either if they happened to be pressured into increasing his already substantial wage.

Well that's the obvious one, aye. ;)

If they ever went for him they'd offer him stupid money. Maybe £200k a week. Barca would probably hike his wage up until the difference in coin wouldn't be worth the change in lifestyle/status to Messi.

Hopefully anyway. :)