Author Topic: Newcastle Restaurants  (Read 249192 times)

Re: Newcastle Restaurants
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 10 December 2008, 12:40:01 PM »
Cheers Des, noted  :thup:

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 10 December 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
Il Camino, Italian on Osbourne Road. Very cheap and very good.

Eeeeh, my mate used to live in that street!

What was the food like ?

I had penne arrabiata, don't remember having any better domestically. The lass had a pizza which looked nice and big. I think everything might have been £4.50. Certainly what we both had were. Happened to be in there at the same time as Martins after the Stoke game.
AS9

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 10 December 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
blue coyote is canny. tex mex type thing.

servings don't seem huge but always feel stuffed afterwards
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 10 December 2008, 01:27:19 PM »
I've heard good things about The Open Kitchen in Gosforth although I've not been there myself yet.

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
I've heard good things about The Open Kitchen in Gosforth although I've not been there myself yet.

I hear they do a fantastic Squash.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
blue coyote is canny. tex mex type thing.

servings don't seem huge but always feel stuffed afterwards

Going there tonight, been a few times and its pretty decent tbh.

mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
There is a new Vietnamese restaurant in town, in the bigg market.  Its been geting good reviews from what i've been told.

Little Saigon?

I went last time I was home and it was pretty good.

Went last year for a lads leaving doo, food was awesome!

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 05:12:40 PM »
Also, I wasn't too much of a fan of Barn Asia. The food was ok, but just not worth the cost, although the atmosphere of the place was spot on.

Stu

• Loves Jimmy Savile
  • Jimmy McNulty
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 08:21:47 PM »
going to Grainger Rooms on friday night thanks to this fred.

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 16 December 2008, 09:04:54 PM »
Anyone been to Simply Greek? Opinions?

Been quite a few times as I work just near there, it's alright but fairly standard.

I think I fancy trying Grainger Rooms next, had a spy at their menu and it looks canny.

« Reply #60 on: Sunday 15 February 2009, 01:25:00 AM »
Thinking about going to Big Mussels next weekend with the girlfriend and a few other couples.Any recommendations where to go for breakfast?

LooneyToonArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 15 February 2009, 06:24:17 AM »
I love Wagamamas although i think its more of a lunchtime place.

some people actually believe that the food is just like authentic Japanese food :lol: .....

There is a new Vietnamese restaurant in town, in the bigg market.  Its been geting good reviews from what i've been told.

Are the owners Vietnamese do you know? or are they run by Chinese?

« Reply #62 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
Anyone been to Red Mezze before? Going tonight with wor lass. Heard some decent things about it.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

« Reply #63 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 11:16:41 AM »
Aye been loads of times as it's just around the corner from my old man's lovers, it's canny.

« Reply #64 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 11:17:59 AM »
Aye been loads of times as it's just around the corner from my old man's lovers, it's canny.

Excellent. :lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #65 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 11:28:12 AM »
Anyone been to Red Mezze before? Going tonight with wor lass. Heard some decent things about it.

Yup, its excellent mate. Went to go in last night but it was to busy.

So ended up with tapas.

Oakie Doke

• the friendliest of folk
« Reply #66 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

Yup, its excellent mate. Went to go in last night but it was to busy.

So ended up with tapas.
the tapas bar near the cathedral?

lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
« Reply #67 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
sambucas.
amici in forest hall .

both absoloutely top drawer.

fishermans lodge is probably the best there is, but is a tad costly.

« Reply #68 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 06:55:03 PM »
went to the vietnamese in the bigg market today, awesome little place. pho, spring rolls and salad for £6.50.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #69 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 07:16:25 PM »
I like La Tasca on the quayside, even though it's a chain it's in a really good location and nice inside. There's another Italian next to it as well, but I can't remember the name (never been).

Much better Tapas bars than La Tasca in town.

Probably right, the Salsa Club does some nice stuff, where else?
the salsa club on westgate road is really nice. i've never set out to go there but often when out with the wife and feeling a bit peckish we'll pop in for a few plates. the atmosphere is always brilliant chilled and laid back and the food is good.

there is no better place in the town for killing the muchies half way through the night.

went to utong last night,quite good but wouldn't be massivly disappointed if we went again and couldn't get in.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

« Reply #70 on: Friday 30 October 2009, 11:30:15 PM »
El Torrero in town does great tapas, although I haven't been for a while. Salsa Club is nice, too.

« Reply #71 on: Saturday 31 October 2009, 08:02:17 AM »
Red Mezze was absolutely cracking. I would recommend it to anyone.

David Goldblatt

Geordiesned

« Reply #72 on: Saturday 31 October 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
Never been there will have to give it a try. Has anyone ever been to the Raval Indian restaurant by the Hilton in Gateshead? See its been voted the best indian in the country.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 31 October 2009, 08:38:59 AM »
Never been there will have to give it a try. Has anyone ever been to the Raval Indian restaurant by the Hilton in Gateshead? See its been voted the best indian in the country.

Raval is quality, one of the best Indians I've ever been to. Their chutneys are to die for and the curries are so different to the oily swill elsewhere (had a sea bass one when I went). It's quite expensive but you get what you pay for.

I tried to get in last night but they were fully booked (which surprised me since it was empty when I tried on a Saturday night a few months ago).

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 31 October 2009, 09:45:31 AM »
Red Mezze was absolutely cracking. I would recommend it to anyone.

Yup, great fodd and at a fantastic price.