Author Topic: Newcastle Restaurants  (Read 198578 times)

Newcastle Restaurants
« on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:19:07 PM »
Any recommendations?

Basically anything but Indian. Not Azuri/Marco Polo/Hanahanna (Been to them recently). Want to try somewhere new, was going to go to King Neptune, but its far too expensive for what it is.

Gash?

• If I'm dead, you've been dead for weeks.
Re: Newcastle Resteraunts
« Reply #1 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
Any recommendations?

Basically anything but Indian. Not Azuri/Marco Polo/Hanahanna (Been to them recently). Want to try somewhere new, was going to go to King Neptune, but its far too expensive for what it is.
Better spelling?

« Reply #2 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
Any recommendations?

Better spelling?

:rant: :angry:

« Reply #3 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:29:57 PM »
Any recommendations?

Better spelling?

Actually f*** off :lol:, thats right.

Re: Newcastle Restraunts
« Reply #4 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:38:19 PM »
what do you like, what's your budget and who are you trying to impress?

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
Re: Newcastle Restaurants
« Reply #5 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:45:11 PM »
depends if you like seafood...

http://www.bigmussel.co.uk/  (has a menu on the website)

Last time I went I loved it.  Haven't been in ages.  Loads of Belgian beers too.  :thup:
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

« Reply #6 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:46:48 PM »
what do you like, what's your budget and who are you trying to impress?

All foods generally, although not the biggest Indian fan, love Italians, Seafood and Chinese, but anywhere really. No one to impress as it's my 18th this week so going out with the family for a meal somewhere, so atmosphere isn't too much of a nessecity. Budget also isn't too much of an issue, but obviously nowhere too expensive as in over £150 - £200 for 4.

« Reply #7 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:54:46 PM »
can't really go wrong with Cafe 21 on the quayside behind the law courts, was michelin starred back in its heydey but its pretty laid back. they have an £18 three course menu before 7pm along with a la carte.

alternatively, Secco is nice, not your typical italian in that it steers away from pasta and pizza and uses local ingredients.

brasserie black door is great but i think it is a bit more expensive for dinner.

midds

• Administrator
  • In omnia Paratus
« Reply #8 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 04:59:27 PM »
Big Mussel is spot on. :)
The club comes first.

« Reply #9 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
Any recommendations?

Better spelling?

hahaha you f'n tool :lol:
Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #10 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:20:43 PM »
Il Camino, Italian on Osbourne Road. Very cheap and very good.
AS9

« Reply #11 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
Barn Asia, Grainger Rooms, The Comfort Food company, McCoys.

All absolutley top drawer.

LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
« Reply #12 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
Il Camino, Italian on Osbourne Road. Very cheap and very good.

Eeeeh, my mate used to live in that street!
"You're giving ME the 'it's naat you it's me' routine? If it's anybaady, it's ME!!"
"Ok George, it's YOU!"
"You're DAMN RIGHT IT'S ME!"

« Reply #13 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:51:03 PM »
Just made a reservation for Barn Asia that Chez Given recommended, the menu seems lovely. Also it's had quite a few good reviews from The Journal etc...

Cheers for the help lad's  O0

« Reply #14 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
Just made a reservation for Barn Asia that Chez Given recommended, the menu seems lovely. Also it's had quite a few good reviews from The Journal etc...

Cheers for the help lad's  O0

Storming decision, i love the food there.

Gash?

• If I'm dead, you've been dead for weeks.
« Reply #15 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
Any recommendations?

Better spelling?

Actually f*** off :lol:, thats right.
:lol:

BooBoo

« Reply #16 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
I love Wagamamas although i think its more of a lunchtime place.

I also give a gold star to the Brasserie restaraunt at the Sage. The food is excellent and quite reasonable.

Northerngimp

• Show me what you've got!
« Reply #17 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
Dont go to La Vina on Grey Street. Robbing c***s.

« Reply #18 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 10:16:25 PM »
Aye, Big Mussel's canny - anything you get to eat out of a steel bucket gets my approval, and the stupid percentage beers are top notch.  Had a very tasy prawn liguine at Piccolinos as well.  Oh, and Blue Coyote (mexican) was good an all, although last time I went with my lass we were stuffed from the starter and could barely make a dent in our burritos.  The frozen margharitas got polished of mind

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 10:22:02 PM »
Never tried Big Mussel, I absolutely love seafood though, think I'll have to give it a go.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

« Reply #20 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 10:41:23 PM »
Mccoys brasserie on mosley street is very nice but quite pricey.  The big mussel is actually good value, no frills but the missus likes it. My favourite is the Black Door but that is pricey.

Jawesome

« Reply #21 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
Biiiiiiiiig Mussel!  Can't remember what I had when I went there, but I remember it being spot on.

Geordiesned

« Reply #22 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 11:14:12 PM »
Landmark on Stowell Street.

K9

« Reply #23 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 11:15:41 PM »
Maccy d's is canny like

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 9 December 2008, 01:47:45 AM »
Panis cafe,went after a terrible result against liverpool last year.Cheered me up..well as much as possibly could anyways.Would defo recommend to anyone,prob the best Italian ever being to.