Poll

How likely is it that we go down? (0 = no chance, 10 = nailed on)

Author Topic: RELEGATIONOMETER  (Read 668404 times)

Re: RELEGATIONOMETER - subject of loan enquiry from RTG
« Reply #15575 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
Loan with obligation to buy at the end of the season, and we've got ourselves a deal.

Re: RELEGATIONOMETER - subject of loan enquiry from RTG
« Reply #15576 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 06:57:45 AM »
They can't afford the loan fee.  :aww:
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Re: RELEGATIONOMETER
« Reply #15577 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
12 points between now and when we go to Man Utd is realistic and being cautious with predictions. If we could make it to 22-25 points before the killer run in December then we'll be fine.
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
« Reply #15578 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 02:44:07 PM »
Rafa will always have the team well drilled and defensively aware. We may have a few bad days but these will be blips.

In the other hand I think that as long as you have Ritchie on corners and free kicks with the likes of Lascelles, Clark, Joselu and Mitro to aim for we will nick one goal wins and score draws even in days when our open play attacking isn't working out.

This is a big difference to seasons under McClaren, Carver and Pardew and is why we will finish comfortably top 12
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Tiotes Witch Doctor

• Rafa judges you.
« Reply #15579 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
Definitely think top 15, can't see us finishing any lower than that, you never know we might make a few buys in jan too, kick us on.

« Reply #15580 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
Definitely think top 15, can't see us finishing any lower than that, you never know we might make a few buys in jan too, kick us on.
Wonder if Rafa will line up some deals and leak them to the press to see what happens...
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

• NUFC54
  • Remember the Cant.
« Reply #15581 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
If we could be on 10 points before the next international break, I'd be fairly happy.
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

« Reply #15582 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
If we could be on 10 points before the next international break, I'd be fairly happy.

whats that 3 more games?  should be doable.

• NUFC54
  • Remember the Cant.
« Reply #15583 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 03:57:50 PM »

Yeah, against Stoke, Brighton and Liverpool. :thup:
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

« Reply #15584 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
I'm just glad to have got a couple of early wins to keep us off the bottom to start with. I still think we are in for a difficult season because we lack a bit up front. Too early to make daft predictions at the moment, let's see how we get on in the next few games and we'll have a better idea. That said, I think we'll be okay, we are going to be hard to beat and that is the most important thing when you don't have the firepower at the other end.

« Reply #15585 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
Pardew (:anguish:) correctly said the other day that 12 wins is enough to stay up (assuming you draw a few and not lose every other remaining game).

On that basis we need 10 wins from our remaining 34 games, I'd be very surprised if this squad (with Rafa) couldn't achieve that.
Newcastle United - Relegated 20 August 2017.

« Reply #15586 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 05:30:11 PM »
Pardew (:anguish:) correctly said the other day that 12 wins is enough to stay up (assuming you draw a few and not lose every other remaining game).

On that basis we need 10 wins from our remaining 34 games, I'd be very surprised if this squad (with Rafa) couldn't achieve that.

Even less than 12 tbh, because 36 points is often enough and that's without draws. 10 wins, 8 draws is about right, but Rafa will be aiming for more than just survival.

afar

• We're back
« Reply #15587 on: Thursday 14 September 2017, 03:56:59 AM »

Yeah, against Stoke, Brighton and Liverpool. :thup:

LOL

Skeletor

• I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #15588 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
Champions League-o-meter.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

« Reply #15589 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:51:49 PM »
4th man.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

« Reply #15590 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
:yao:
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

« Reply #15591 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
Yeah, f*** this thread right off :lol:

« Reply #15592 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:54:10 PM »

« Reply #15593 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
Quarter of the way to safety :)

Skeletor

• I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #15594 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
How many games did we win in our last PL season? I feel like we're not that far off it already :lol:
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

« Reply #15595 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 04:56:09 PM »
Just change it to championsleague-o-meter, pleaseeee.

« Reply #15596 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
We look solid, the midfield has a good balance, we've got pace on one wing, guile on the other, our number 10 is grafting his arse off, the striker is a threat and a presence, we're creating chances.

So far so good like.

Dr Venkman

• Alreet pet?
« Reply #15597 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 05:02:23 PM »
Still 1

« Reply #15598 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
We look solid, the midfield has a good balance, we've got pace on one wing, guile on the other, our number 10 is grafting his arse off, the striker is a threat and a presence, we're creating chances.

So far so good like.

You missed: incredibly disciplined in defence, excellent worth ethic throughout the squad and strong at set pieces.

:thup:

Tiresias

• #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #15599 on: Saturday 16 September 2017, 05:03:30 PM »
Look a fair number of shambles below us, not worried much atm, 3
“The game is run by spivs, chancers and gangsters, it’s played by morons and it’s watched by cretins”