Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Allardyce paid £6million for him and wasn't keen on playing him. KK was never sold on him and wanted a replacement too. JFK plays him out of necessity.

Why? Because this abomination of a footballer would struggle to pass the salt at a two person dinner party. An extremely bad footballer and January can't come quick enough to see if we can recoup some of our outlay and bring in someone who can successfully pass the ball six yards.

The only time i've seen him play especially badly, as in a really bad game, was against Fulham last week. Granted i didn't see the game today and i didn't see the Liverpool home game last season, but i've always liked him. He's always looked very capable to me. Fairly strong on the ball, good acceleration, good defensive awareness. I wouldn't knee-jerk into calling him an abomination just yet... Beye was pretty poor when he first came back into the team aswell.

Guest Heneage

This is the exact sort of shite he doesn't need. You wonder why we get called a banana republic. How do you EVER expect our back four to gain a sense of unity and operating together if we say "Well hes been crap change" he has hardly had a steady run of games, with most fans having the cheek to call him shite when we've had players who have been far worse and got away with it. Beye Enrique Taylor Colocinni is our best back four for now.

So instead of bitching and calling people "Abominations." Why not get behind a player that is obviously struggling more than likely due to the fact every manager and fan hes come across has had no faith in him.

This is the exact sort of shite he doesn't need. You wonder why we get called a banana republic. How do you EVER expect our back four to gain a sense of unity and operating together if we say "Well hes been crap change" he has hardly had a steady run of games, with most fans having the cheek to call him shite when we've had players who have been far worse and got away with it. Beye Enrique Taylor Colocinni is our best back four for now.

So instead of bitching and calling people "Abominations." Why not get behind a player that is obviously struggling more than likely due to the fact every manager and fan hes come across has had no faith in him.

I take into account your opinion but seriously when has the lad ever looked half decent? He's an antrocious weak link who is dreadfully short of confidence, barely crosses the half way line and who is a shocking passer of the ball. What evidence can you provide to tell me that he's an asset to the side?

I think Enrique gets a hard time from fans who see him as the scapegoat of the defence along with Taylor. He doesnt always hit his man with every pass, but how often did the player infront of him move away from their marker creating space for a pass? He is strong and is rarely outmuscled, but sometimes he can get done for pace. I still rate him and hope that he will progress with us. Seb Bassong had a good game today aswell, nonesence defender who is strong and has an ability to read the game.

Guest Heneage

This is the exact sort of s**** he doesn't need. You wonder why we get called a banana republic. How do you EVER expect our back four to gain a sense of unity and operating together if we say "Well hes been crap change" he has hardly had a steady run of games, with most fans having the cheek to call him s**** when we've had players who have been far worse and got away with it. Beye Enrique Taylor Colocinni is our best back four for now.

I take into account your opinion but seriously when has the lad ever looked half decent? He's an antrocious weak link who is dreadfully short of confidence, barely crosses the half way line and who is a shocking passer of the ball. What evidence can you provide to tell me that he's an asset to the side?

See its this kneejerk of either a player is quality in Martins,  or atrocious in Enrique. Enrique has played well in the games that you cant remember mistakes, remember defenders don't score goals, him against Tottenham last year was a prime example of why Enrique is so good, he knocked a 60 yard ball for Martins goal that the likes of Nicky butt could dream of, he is a good player, as much dis-taste as I have for big Sam i know he saw something the guy has good strength, and bossed Milner against Villa.

He needs people to support him, Football is a horrible game for confidence, I  only ever played Sunday League with occasional dabbles higher up in the form of trails etc, and when you miss a chance you know you should have scored something I've done before one was quite recently  it cant really rock your confidence, now times that by 52,000 fans, cameras, a highlights show where 2 twats on a sofa will remind you of said mistake. He needs to know he has our support, not that we will be waiting for a mistake.

I think Enrique gets a hard time from fans who see him as the scapegoat of the defence along with Taylor. He doesnt always hit his man with every pass, but how often did the player infront of him move away from their marker creating space for a pass? He is strong and is rarely outmuscled, but sometimes he can get done for pace.

Forget the scapegoat bollocks, he looks on edge & out of his depth but the lad is still the by a mile the best player to play left back for the club atm. Jonas & Duff dont help either full back that much. Duff goes inside & then goes missing.  While Jonas just fucks off to any flank he feels like not bothering to wait till Duff is ready to shift flanks, which means a full back is exposed 2 against 1 at times.

I literally just posted a prime example Vs Tottenham, and Vs Villa recently. You've hardly done the same to prove your point.

I would counter that with Fulham and today where he has been incapable of passing the ball sucessfully to a teammate.

I literally just posted a prime example Vs Tottenham, and Vs Villa recently. You've hardly done the same to prove your point.

I would counter that with Fulham and today where he has been incapable of passing the ball sucessfully to a teammate.

confidence more than owt else. more worrying is his poor defending (his strong point last season)

Enrique has the same problem that so many of our players do, they play well only when they're confident. I won't deny the quality of the squad, because i think it's excellent, but we really have got a lack of character from all angles of the pitch. That's where a good captain tends to come into play. (And a good manager, obviously).

I think Enrique gets a hard time from fans who see him as the scapegoat of the defence along with Taylor. He doesnt always hit his man with every pass, but how often did the player infront of him move away from their marker creating space for a pass? He is strong and is rarely outmuscled, but sometimes he can get done for pace.

Forget the scapegoat bollocks, he looks on edge & out of his depth but the lad is still the by a mile the best player to play left back for the club atm. Jonas & Duff dont help either full back that much. Duff goes inside & then goes missing.  While Jonas just f***s off to any flank he feels like not bothering to wait till Duff is ready to shift flanks, which means a full back is exposed 2 against 1 at times.

Prime example of Duff going missing was in the first half when Martins had the ball and he ran inside, forcing Martins to turn into trouble. Jonas will run all day and can beat his man, but he always looks like he is willing to topple after initial contact. Another thing I will mention is that Enrique looks to play a killer ball or incisive ball, but you see so many player playing the pedestrian ball so they don't make the mistake. I think because not everyone of Enriques passes comes off (his switching of the play in the second half which just went out) it looks worse. Whereas 9/10 of Duff's or Butt's sideways balls will reach his man.

A quick look at the Opta stats tells you out of the 22 players that started the game, only Bramble had a poorer pass completion % than Enrique.

Forget the scapegoat bollocks, he looks on edge & out of his depth but the lad is still the by a mile the best player to play left back for the club atm. Jonas & Duff dont help either full back that much. Duff goes inside & then goes missing.  While Jonas just f***s off to any flank he feels like not bothering to wait till Duff is ready to shift flanks, which means a full back is exposed 2 against 1 at times.

Prime example of Duff going missing was in the first half when Martins had the ball and he ran inside, forcing Martins to turn into trouble. Jonas will run all day and can beat his man, but he always looks like he is willing to topple after initial contact. Another thing I will mention is that Enrique looks to play a killer ball or incisive ball, but you see so many player playing the pedestrian ball so they don't make the mistake. I think because not everyone of Enriques passes comes off (his switching of the play in the second half which just went out) it looks worse. Whereas 9/10 of Duff's or Butt's sideways balls will reach his man.

then again martins didn't help (or the tactics he was given) by playing between the two centre halves instead of off them and the full backs.