Stadium of Light - Time for the FA to act

Benwell Lad

Once again Sunderland fans invade the pitch at the Stadium of Light and once again their manager plays it down as celebratory high spirits. Added to that more coin throwing at opposition players.

I sympathise with Sunderland if the actions are caused by some of the 10,000 or so who seem only to turn up for their big games, but frankly this has happened too often now and it's time the F.A. took action before someone is seriously injured.

I also think they should be forced to re-name their ground. The Stadium of Light rightfully belongs to Benfica, in no way can it be ripped and then used to describe one of the dingiest shitholes in England.

No, they said Barton was trying to wind up the person that tried attacking him by trying to shake his hand. He was actually trying to give him his coin back.

You know I thought that at the time; it looked like he had something in between his fingers, but Sky said differently.

What about the seats I could see being thrown onto the pitch from our lot? Takes two to tango.

fucking good. I hope they wiped their arses on the seats before they chucked them

joey barton goes to take a corner and 3000 makems are out of their seats trying to twat him from the stands.

gassing would be too lenient for those cunts.

fucking acceptable to be up out your seat and running round the pitch to abuse a player ? the makem cunts were well out of order, when do you see that shit happen at SJP ?

if that had happened at our place there'd be 50 pics of "suspects" in the chronicle !

f***ing acceptable to be up out your seat and running round the pitch to abuse a player ? the makem c***s were well out of order, when do you see that s*** happen at SJP ?

if that had happened at our place there'd be 50 pics of "suspects" in the chronicle !

Tbh, Id feel like ripping the seats up but theres no point in sinking to their levels. They are scum. Their not happy with the 3 points, they still have to cause trouble....their problem imo. At least we dont disgrace ourselves at SJP when they came to our place.

I heard they were spitting at Joey, as well as throwing coins. And yet again, they invade the pitch!!! When is that going to stop ffs? If we did it there would be bedlem in the FA HQs. :angry:

What about the seats I could see being thrown onto the pitch from our lot? Takes two to tango.

f***ing good. I hope they wiped their arses on the seats before they chucked them

joey barton goes to take a corner and 3000 makems are out of their seats trying to t*** him from the stands.

gassing would be too lenient for those c***s.

I think that's going a bit too far.

A 30 point deduction and public execution of their manager would suffice but no doubt the namby pambies in the FA will let them off with a slapped wrist again.

They're a bunch of pathetic mongs. Always have been and always will be. Every fucking one running from their seats down to abuse Barton when he took the corner. And the coin throwing.. Bet the dog lover thinks of that as a proper fans' action too.

Guest Heneage

Solely discussing the coin throwing its a joke. I'd condem my own for doing it and do the same to them. Its a game at the end of the day, if you think that by cutting someones face or potentially blinding someone that it is justified because the lad wears a differnt colour then you shouldn't be allowed to go to football. Nowt will come of this, the won't hand over one of their own.

Heard about lots of our fans getting hit by bottles and coins, and absolutely no effort from stewards or police to stop it. Quite sad tbh. The mackems are more obsessed about us than supporting their own team. Nowt new there, but surely some sort of action has to be taken.

This is from .com:

Unruly rabble:

When will the

FA finally act?

Once again the smaller of the two Tyne-wear derbies was marked by pitch invasions, inadequate crowd control and deficient stewarding. Will it again be ignored by the FA?

Hopelessly ineffective stewarding by old men and lassies - a sizeable number of who were celebrating themselves at the end - saw home fans taunt and tangle with the away following and also hurl bottles and coins at opposing players warming up.

No action seemed to be taken over the substitute incidents or the second goal celebrations when a gang of charvas were allowed to move down and goad the Newcastle dugout - presumably the same mob who were giving Roy Keane some stick recently.

The fourth official took away the bottle that hit Joey Barton and the returning midfielder also tried to hand a number of coins to stewards.

This has been allowed to go on for a number of years with all home derby goal celebrations followed by supporters entering the field of play - a criminal offence.

Surely it cannot be left unpunished any longer.