Tim Krul

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

Do you think he will break in next season to our starting line up? I am very impressed with what he has done at Falkirk.

No.

" We have the best pair of goalkeeper in the Premier League"®

Well best pair in Krul and Given?

Do you think he will break in next season to our starting line up? I am very impressed with what he has done at Falkirk.

No.

" We have the best pair of goalkeeper in the Premier League"®

I wouldn't be disappointed if we sold the "Easington Born Stopper" ® for a few quid and Krul became second choice

No. He showed at Falkirk that he has good attributes for a keeper but is not ready for first team football yet. He does some eratic things now and again that i'm sure he will sort out with experience and learning from the likes of Given.

Guest justin99.

when KK was talking about our future keepers he only mentioned Fraser Forster and Soderberg in a recent interview. Hope it was a slip of he mind not mentioning Krul!

maybe no-ones told him about krul!

when KK was talking about our future keepers he only mentioned Fraser Forster and Soderberg in a recent interview. Hope it was a slip of he mind not mentioning Krul!

maybe no-ones told him about krul!

I read that Krul had been coming back to Newcastle around once every three weeks to train so he still felt part of the team. He's just had an operation for a dislocated shoulder which will apparently take 3 months to recover from.

Guest Stephen927

Cant see him breaking into the first team for at least another couple of seasons.

He's still a long way from being ready for Premiership football.

Was wondering about the situation with Krul after KK signed that other young keeper Soderberg.Wonder does KK not rate him or even know abt him

He trains with Newcastle United a few times a week.

As for Soderberg he was a youth sigining I doubt KK had little/if any input. Soddy has let 6 goals in after 2 games, he is showing first team form already.

Too young.

If you're good enough you're old enough iyam.

Agreed. :thup:

Got to pick your best players no matter their age or the reputation of their competitors.

This is coming from a supporter of a club that has the youngest #1 goalie in the league and an established international picking splinters out of his arse.

Was wondering about the situation with Krul after KK signed that other young keeper Soderberg.Wonder does KK not rate him or even know abt him

He trains with Newcastle United a few times a week.

As for Soderberg he was a youth sigining I doubt KK had little/if any input. Soddy has let 6 goals in after 2 games, he is showing first team form already.

Looked decent enough yesterday, made a couple of very good saves. Pretty hard when he has a shower of shit playing in front of him.

Guest optimistic nit

its madness to have a number one who is still eligable for U21 football in the PL. in any other position, aye, if you're good enough your old enough, but in goal you need to be broken in slowly and it is the most high pressure position, because if you have a stinker you cant be carried by the team the way that an outfield player can. either loan him out or give him a few appearences next season, but i would be extremely nervous if he was our number one next season.

its madness to have a number one who is still eligable for U21 football in the PL. in any other position, aye, if you're good enough your old enough, but in goal you need to be broken in slowly and it is the most high pressure position, because if you have a stinker you cant be carried by the team the way that an outfield player can. either loan him out or give him a few appearences next season, but i would be extremely nervous if he was our number one next season.

Joe Hart's doing alright.

Guest optimistic nit

fair point, but i've looked his stats up and he's already played a lot more than krul and that makes a huge differnence. i'd still be against pinning my hopes on a 20/21 year old, its a huge risk, especially when you have our defence.

fair point, but i've looked his stats up and he's already played a lot more than krul and that makes a huge differnence. i'd still be against pinning my hopes on a 20/21 year old, its a huge risk, especially when you have our defence.

Hart had a season in league 2....Krul is having a season in the SPL...Krul will be more experienced at the start of next season than Hart was at the beginning of this.

Guest optimistic nit

still think its a big risk, regardless of whether its worked out for you. i would much prefer for him to be broken in slowly, without us pinning all our goalkeeping hopes on a kid.

still think its a big risk, regardless of whether its worked out for you. i would much prefer for him to be broken in slowly, without us pinning all our goalkeeping hopes on a kid.

Pinning your hopes on him isn't right....however, he should have a chance. Give him a few games to see if he's better than whats there. If he is, he is, no matter how old or experienced he is.

He played one game for us at senior level and on that show looked better than both Given and Harper back then IMO, and I said so at the time. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go on to become a top keeper for a big club for us or somewhere else over the next few years, injury permitting.