Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 272313 times)

Ginola

• David... Arbeit!
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #5125 on: Sunday 12 March 2017, 10:26:08 AM »
Anyone been to Copenhagen recently? Thinking of staying for 3 or 4 nights towards the end of April.
I'm going in 2 weeks, will let you know what I think

« Reply #5126 on: Sunday 12 March 2017, 05:15:44 PM »
Anybody got advice for a 4 day visit to Rome?
I prefer to do the less touristy stuff, but there is literally thousands of sites of ancient interest and I'm finding it hard to work out an itinerary that I could achieve.

« Reply #5127 on: Wednesday 15 March 2017, 07:26:49 PM »
Anybody got advice for a 4 day visit to Rome?
I prefer to do the less touristy stuff, but there is literally thousands of sites of ancient interest and I'm finding it hard to work out an itinerary that I could achieve.

4 days is the right amount of time for Rome, imo.

When we went we did 2 days of the touristy stuff - the rest of the time we spent on their tram system just getting off at random stops and wandering in/out different food and drink establishments. Watched Roma play too.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1650897-Reviews-Nana_Vini_e_Cucina-Rome_Lazio.html

Would recommend that place for a good meal too. Excellent family-run place.
Newcastle United - Relegated 20 August 2017.

« Reply #5128 on: Tuesday 21 March 2017, 10:50:42 PM »
My stag this Friday in Prague. Don't know whether to be nervous or excited  :frantic:

Ronaldo

• Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #5129 on: Wednesday 22 March 2017, 12:44:39 AM »
Just make sure you go to Darling and take a decent amount of dinero.

Yorkie

• C'mTA
« Reply #5130 on: Wednesday 22 March 2017, 07:53:23 AM »
Paha

« Reply #5131 on: Wednesday 22 March 2017, 11:10:04 PM »
Anyone been to Peru/Bolivia? Any travel advice?

I've been but it was a while back now. How long you going for?

Two, two and a half weeks. Got the nuts and bolts of the itinerary down. London to Lima. Straight to Cuzco (flight). Acclimatise/Sacred Valley. Inca Trail. Flight to La Paz. Overnight bus to Uyuni. Salt Flats. Overnight bus back to La Paz. Lake Titicaca/astronomy place/stalgamite place. Fly back to Lima, fly home.

Very bitty and travelling from city to city is tough. Feel like I'm missing a trick. Buses take ages. Flights are costly and infrequent. How is everyone else doing it? :lol:

Are you planning on doing the whole Inca Trail? That'll eat 4-5 days by itself iirc.

Also make sure you're reserving Machu Picchu in advance, especially if you're going in high season (starting June I think). April/May's a good time to see it.

:thup: Yeah looking to book up soon as I have read there is limited capacity on the main trail. The one we are doing is 4 days 3 nights.

Save 4 days and get the Vistadome train :thup:

Lima worth 2-3nights. Cusco nice but again 2-3 nights max.

« Reply #5132 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:19:20 AM »
Palma at the weekend for a few days. Any recommendations, N-O?

« Reply #5133 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Just make sure you go to Darling and take a decent amount of dinero.

Is the complete and utter right answer. Darlings is all you need.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #5134 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:08:33 AM »
Palma at the weekend for a few days. Any recommendations, N-O?

Recommend here for food - http://www.restauranteporticpalmademallorca.es/

It's on a nice square if you can get a table outside too.

« Reply #5135 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:26:16 AM »
:thup: ta.

« Reply #5136 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:54:27 AM »

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #5137 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
Recommendations for Lisbon, Madrid and Valencia.  Going on Saturday.

Disco

« Reply #5138 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
Recommendations for Lisbon, Madrid and Valencia.  Going on Saturday.

Tyris for fancy beers in the city
Gordon 10 for quality steaks in Eixample
Recommend renting a bike and riding from the city through the park down past the famous science/arts centre to the beach too.

« Reply #5139 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
Off to Thailand for a couple of weeks with my lass soon. Thinking of doing Bangkok for a few days then Chiang Mai then down to Krabi and a few islands. Any suggestions/thoughts? Want to stay away from places full of people getting shitfaced and trying to nonce ladyboys as much as possible.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #5140 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
Off to Thailand for a couple of weeks with my lass soon. Thinking of doing Bangkok for a few days then Chiang Mai then down to Krabi and a few islands. Any suggestions/thoughts? Want to stay away from places full of people getting shitfaced and trying to nonce ladyboys as much as possible.

That'll be fine Chang Mai and Krabi.

Recommend Flight of Gibbon as something to do.  Zip lining across the jungle.

https://www.treetopasia.com/

Got to remember Thailand is in a period of national mourning due to the death of the king, so some activities may be off limits anycase.
« Last Edit: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:59:03 PM by neesy111 »

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #5141 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
Is Bangkok any good as a city? Been thinking of going.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #5142 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:36:02 PM »
Is Bangkok any good as a city? Been thinking of going.

There are tons and tons of things to do, but I personally don't like it.  Only city that scares me by it's size.

Beren

• Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #5143 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

Yeah, Chiang Mai is incredible/not just a British beach.

« Reply #5144 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 04:34:25 PM »

You gonna have a hire car Neej?
Most likely not on account of it being a cheap as chips break. It would be nice to travel across the island freely though.

Disco

« Reply #5145 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 04:37:23 PM »

Most likely not on account of it being a cheap as chips break. It would be nice to travel across the island freely though.

Bus is pretty cheap/efficient. We stayed in Es Camp de Mar around this time last year (near Puerto Andratx) and got the bus to/from Palma. Down that way (SW of the island) is pretty beautiful on a sunny day. There's some heritage train you can get from Palma to somewhere inland, saw it on a programme recently - looked canny.

« Reply #5146 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 04:37:58 PM »

If you do happen to get one, I'd thoroughly recommend heading down to Port de Soller, about 30-40 mins drive from Palma. It's a lovely little place.

If you do get there, there's a hot stone steak restaurant overlooking the marina where you can cook your own steaks etc. Lovely little joint.

« Reply #5147 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 06:22:09 PM »
Thanks, chaps.

TaylorJ_01

• Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #5148 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
Just back from Lisbon.

What a magical place! In terms of the footy, we went to two matches. Firstly - Estoril vs Boavista. Estoril is a beach destination primarily and a cool place to chill out/have beers in the sun etc. After a strangely awesome japanese meal in the town we went to the match we tried to get in the wrong gate. The security guard grabbed us and said "if you're going this way you'll need these" and handed us all a bunch of free tickets! Game was s**** but hey, can't have everything.

Roll on Sporting Lisbon vs Nacional the next day. Great atmosphere before the game, big park for bifana (beef sandwich) and beers and hanging out with all the fans. While in the queue, yet again, a group of Portuguese lads come over and hand us all a bunch of free tickets again. Refused money and just said "make sure you support the right team" - non-threateningly I might add.

Lisbon is surrounded by cool towns too. We went to Belém which is worth a visit for a half day or so. Sintra is apparently beautiful but we sadly didn't make it.

At night, Barrio Alto (the Old Town) comes alive and literally everything turns into a bar. The beer is all dirt cheap and s****, but perfect for a lads getaway. Were getting 8 man rounds for 7 euros at points.

If you like a cheapish 'lads trip' with sun, wonderful people and a good whack of culture then look no further - I'll certainly be back.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

« Reply #5149 on: Thursday 23 March 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
Got good but hazy memories of Benfica away like. Would probably enjoy a return visit to Lisbon.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.