Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 271412 times)

Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #5075 on: Tuesday 7 February 2017, 05:43:27 PM »
Bosnia's coastline is only 20km long!
Yeah, looking at a few days in each of Croatia, Bosnia and Montengro, flying into either Split or Dubrovnik.

« Reply #5076 on: Tuesday 7 February 2017, 08:31:40 PM »
Anybody on here been to Sicily before?

I quite fancy it and it's got the perfect balance of sun (for my Mrs.) and a bit of history for me. Just wondering where people would recommend to go there etc.

Think IP went a couple of years ago.

BBC 2 at 9pm tonight might be of interest to you.

« Reply #5077 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 12:26:01 AM »
Vegas in May, never been to the States so can't wait.

Ronaldo

• Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #5078 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 12:35:49 AM »
Great time of year to go, mate. I'm there end of April. Where you staying?

« Reply #5079 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 12:57:27 AM »
Great time of year to go, mate. I'm there end of April. Where you staying?

We're staying at Planet Hollywood. You been before?

Ronaldo

• Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #5080 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 01:18:23 AM »
That's a great choice, middle of the strip and right next to Buffalo Wild Wings. Went for the first time a few months back and had such a great time we're going back in April and October. You'll love it. :thup:

« Reply #5081 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 01:37:54 AM »
That's a great choice, middle of the strip and right next to Buffalo Wild Wings. Went for the first time a few months back and had such a great time we're going back in April and October. You'll love it. :thup:

Ah that's reassuring to hear, cheers mate. Can't wait for it like, never heard a bad word about it from anyone I know that has been and that includes an older lady from work. :lol:

Troll

• Book Wanker
« Reply #5082 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 09:01:15 AM »
Vegas is definitely the best place in the world.

« Reply #5083 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 09:03:12 AM »
Anybody on here been to Sicily before?

I quite fancy it and it's got the perfect balance of sun (for my Mrs.) and a bit of history for me. Just wondering where people would recommend to go there etc.

Think IP went a couple of years ago.

BBC 2 at 9pm tonight might be of interest to you.
Watched the first one of it actually. :thup:

I need to convince her this isn't just due to my obsession with all things Montalbano though.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

« Reply #5084 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 10:22:38 PM »
Anyone been to any of the beach resorts in Montenegro or Bosnia?

Montenegro coast is stunning and pretty cheap too. Kotor is well worth a visit for a few days. Budva is okay, decent beach, but the town itself is full of high rise hotels, without much culture (theres a little old town but its nothing compared to Kotor 30 mins down the road) and it gets full of drunk Russians in the summer.  Ulcinj in the south is nice too, but small and again, if your going peak times it's going to be full of Russian tourists.
"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #5085 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 11:24:40 PM »
Goa was full of Russians, got it on with one and nearly got beaten up by one. So a mixed bag.

« Reply #5086 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 03:43:39 AM »
South Thailand was chocka with Ruski's aswell. Ugly looking blokes with outrageous women on their arms aplenty.

TaylorJ_01

• Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #5087 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 01:05:21 PM »
There was the most horrific troglodyte ruski in Nice for the Euros. Literally hunched over, fat, totally bald, covered in warts and hairy knuckles. Was playing football with loads of wee guys in one of the fan zones. Worse than shrek, people were crying.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

« Reply #5088 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
Everywhere I've been that's busy with russians, all the blokes seem to wear speedos. Like it's acceptable. f***ing weirdos.

And they have no volume control, they all shout at each other non stop. And the women all chain smoke. So that's Russia summed up nicely.

« Reply #5089 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 06:42:59 PM »

... are you going anywhere else...?

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #5090 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
Kenya for me in April to visit the wife's family. They are going for 2 weeks her and the boys, me and my brother for one week as I can't leave my business for 2 weeks. Scared and excited in equal measures. Its the flying I'm most bothered about. 3 flights to get there. I don't know how I'm going to manage that like. Just writing about flying has me f***ing scared.

And then July its Benidorm with the lads, 18 of us this time. All good mates and family mixed together so no numpties, can't wait for that. Not even the fear of flying can make we dread it.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

« Reply #5091 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 07:47:04 PM »

... are you going anywhere else...?

:lol:
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #5092 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 09:42:44 PM »
Kenya for me in April to visit the wife's family. They are going for 2 weeks her and the boys, me and my brother for one week as I can't leave my business for 2 weeks. Scared and excited in equal measures. Its the flying I'm most bothered about. 3 flights to get there. I don't know how I'm going to manage that like. Just writing about flying has me f***ing scared.

And then July its Benidorm with the lads, 18 of us this time. All good mates and family mixed together so no numpties, can't wait for that. Not even the fear of flying can make we dread it.
Have you ever done a fear of flying course?  My lasses sister was petrified of flying until she did one, now she doesn't enjoy it but doesn't get petrified or nervous anymore.

flying is class and I love it for some reason. Safest mode of transport especially on airliners.

Lush Vlad

• Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #5093 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 08:47:30 AM »
Anyone ever been to Sri Lanka? Looking to book to go there for Christmas. Few people I know went when England had a test series over there and they loved it. Looks beautiful and I'm sure it will be great. But it is pretty pricey.

« Reply #5094 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 10:29:39 AM »
Anyone ever been to Sri Lanka? Looking to book to go there for Christmas. Few people I know went when England had a test series over there and they loved it. Looks beautiful and I'm sure it will be great. But it is pretty pricey.

Just went over New Year for 10 days or so.  Beautiful country and it isn't ridiculously expensive as tropical style holidays go.  Main issue we had was that the things to see are relatively spread out and their roads aren't great so you end up spending quite a lot of time in a car trying to get from place to place.

Lush Vlad

« Reply #5095 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 10:39:44 AM »

Just went over New Year for 10 days or so.  Beautiful country and it isn't ridiculously expensive as tropical style holidays go.  Main issue we had was that the things to see are relatively spread out and their roads aren't great so you end up spending quite a lot of time in a car trying to get from place to place.

Cheers. That was kind of how it seems when you look at the map. But I think we were looking to stay in the west side of the island, nearer to Colombo and there was a reasonable amount to do nearby.

« Reply #5096 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 10:54:03 AM »

Cheers. That was kind of how it seems when you look at the map. But I think we were looking to stay in the west side of the island, nearer to Colombo and there was a reasonable amount to do nearby.

Didn't really see much of Colombo, so not sure what Colombo itself is like - but we particularly enjoyed Sigiriya and Kandy.  I know the car journey from Colombo to Sigiriya is 4-5 hours, but you can fly and the flight is only about 25 mins.. But regardless of what you do - it's a really beautiful country to visit.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #5097 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 11:52:59 AM »
It's cheap as f*** once you're there and if you're just staying in B&Bs/small hotels.

Don't bother with Colombo for more than a day. Go to the south if you're wanting rest and beaches. You can a lovely train journey which takes about 3 hours and hugs the coast for about a quid from Colombo to Galle. Unawatuna and Mirissa are both nice beach places. Galle itself is beautiful.

Lush Vlad

« Reply #5098 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
Cheers fellas.

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #5099 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 05:36:09 PM »

Have you ever done a fear of flying course?  My lasses sister was petrified of flying until she did one, now she doesn't enjoy it but doesn't get petrified or nervous anymore.

flying is class and I love it for some reason. Safest mode of transport especially on airliners.

Nah, someone told me to try EFT and Hypnotherapy whatever that is. Gonna look into it!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had