Crap Kids who played for the Toon

Guest BooBoo

I know we have had Ameobi and Taylor come through in the last few years but i think one thing the club have to address is the lack of youngsters who fail to make it as first team regulars. The likes of Paul Brayson and Michael Chopra banged goals in at all levels until the first team where they had few chances and generally looked not up to it when they did. Further down the ladder is the real dross like Pattinson and O'Brien where it becomes embarassing at how poor our input from junior level is.

My personal favourite though was actually brought over as a teenager from Ireland- Jimmy Crawford. I'll never forget watching a drubbing at Anfield where the poor lad came on for the last 30 mins and we noticed him touch the ball precisely once- a throw in!  bluelaugh.gif

Any other favourite junior disasters/ overhyped let downs?

Guest alijmitchell

Marc Walton..Carl Finnigan both were scoring like f****** maniacs with the Reserves and U-18 and both never got a look in the first team, James McClen or whatever his name is was in the team for ages before being released.

Aye i'm pretty sure I remember McClen having a decent-ish sort of game against Arsenal alongside acuna in midfield though.

Chopra couldnt have been built up more.  chris holland? was another one although some cunt throwing ammonia in his eyes didnt help him. shame for the lad. good shout should go out to the winners of that soccer stars show that never made it over long enough to stay for the prize. And less we forget pinas.

Fucking David Beharall - didn't he get a bit of action against the scum in 1999/2000? He was shite as well

Him. Can't remember who we were playing, but I remember clearly a moment of panic in the box where our man there totally sliced an attempted 'clearance' which led to a goal. Made O'Brien look like Maldini.

Joe Allon

Wouldnt say he was crap necessarily but he showed so much promise as a kid playing alongside Gazza in the youth side - banged about a million goals or something.

Scored a great goal against Coventry I think it was in one of his few starts but its just never happaned for him.

Marc Walton

Although he never played for the first team, he was built up to be something special but faded away very quickly.