Mike Ashley

ATB

Must ask ju guys/girls what you think about Ashley. In mine opinion he is the best and most wonderful  :smitten: owner ju can have!

I mean look at him under the matches. If you just look at him at the matches you would think he was some kind of crazy suporter mackems.gif...abramovich, Shepherd...

Still he got a brain and good friends to run a football club at a high level.

So. I dont think we could ask for a better owner. comments!

Guest Stephen927

Definitely made an impression on me, whether it's with his Smith toon top or going to a bar and buying a drink for everyone and tipping generously.

The summer should really show what type of owner he is.

Nufc, its supporters, Mike Ashley and Chris Mort.  Match made in heaven. 

I dont think we could ask for a better owner and chairman at the minute when you look at some of the other people who have recently purchased prem clubs.

It feels a million miles away from the dying years of Shepherd. 

I'm well surprised, all sources indicated that he was some sort of loaded hermit who we would be lucky to see being ushered from limousine to boardroom. Instead he is getting twatted in the Bigg Market and jumping up and down like a kid in the milburn.

Top man.

the whole wearing a toon top and wearing smith was a great PR stunt

theres nothing better getting the majority of people behind you....than joining in with the crowd and being just like them by wearing the colours

plus it shows his commitment to the club...which was questionble with all these rumours about takeovers....so it was fantastic to see him come out and show hes commiited

hes had a huge impact in straightening the club out...and even though its early days ive got to salute him

Not done much wrong so far. There is a lot of mischief in the press as i think he is generally disliked because hes a bit unconventional and maybe eccentric. Dont think hes bought us to sell us on at a small profit but seems to be genuine in wanting to be a fan and have a bit of fun with his dosh.

There is a lot of new cash in the premiership and only so many trophies to be won but I believe the appointment of Big Sam will prove to be an astute move by the previous board and that he will repair the damage done during the reign of Souness and Roeder.

Next summer will be interesting not only for ourselves but do the likes of West Ham, Man City etc keep spending big.........will  Man Utd and Chelsea have a change of management.

There are a lot of team wanting to break into the Champions League which can only be good for competition in the  Premiership but will take us time and shouldnt look to quick fixes. Just hope if England come calling for Sam in the summer he tells them to do one.

A bit worried he was wearing a Smith shirt though, does that mean Sam has to play him?! :D

i honestly think that is the wrong message to send to the squad by him!

that aside - i am over the moon with him so far

He looks like he has a personality, unlike most chairmen. Cynics might say wearing a toon top and drinking with fans in the Bigg Market is a publicity stunt, but he's gone a lot further than the vast majority of chairmen and built a rapport with the fans by showing he's just a normal bloke at the end of the day, like them. Of course, it's a lot easier to win over the fans when you're winning games.

Be good if we could get a song going for him.

Poor first attempt....

(to the Jose Mourinho - that coats.....)

'My Tops from Sports Direct!'

The big advertisement on the Gallowgate stand  :undecided:

My Man Utd friends, last night, got very surprised when I told them that our owner was the guy sitting "on the bench" with blue jeans and a New.Utd shirt, and that our chairman was the guy in the suit :celb:

My Man Utd friends, last night, got very surprised when I told them that our owner was the guy sitting "on the bench" with blue jeans and a New.Utd shirt, and that our chairman was the guy in the suit :celb:

Maybe Mort should start wearing an away shirt, or at least some official merchandise - just to advertise the clubs products a bit more!

he went in the strawberry last night according to nufc.com  :razz:

by far the best owner a club can have so far, lets hope him, mort and big sam can do the buisness on the pitch as well as off

He also won himself £100,000 at the match  ;D ,after winning a bet with the former spurs vice chairmen Paul Kelmsley who set next to him last night, according to The Times.

Top Fella  bluelaugh.gif

Be good if we could get a song going for him.

A song in SJP, you being serious?

Seriously though, Ashley has came across as a top bloke, although it's too early too tell, I like him so far. Will hopefully get the club back on tracks.