Ashley pays off further £45m of debt, Mort says club could well have folded

eggybread

Guest johnson293

How much does that leave us with?

Most reports suggested somehting in the region of about £80m I think. So there can't be much left if he has now put £75m in total.

Top Bloke - Thats a decent article as well - good words from Chris Mort.

Mort has a right go at the way the existing debt was structured & suggests that the club could have crumbled like a stack of cards. May be a bit of over egging but there can be no doubt that FF would have faced a cash crisis had MA not taken over.

Pretty impressive.

Must remember to put the Euro Lottery on before Friday.  88 mil.  Must be won this weekend!!!!

I think that's a typo - it was only £ 19 mm this last weekend - probably only a miserable £ 38 mm

will that affect our transfer kitty next season then, because thats a lot of money

ashley has intigued me so far as to how he sees newcastle- does he see us as a hobby-type thing to spend money on, (wearing the newcastle shirt and actually celebrating when we score) which isn't neccessarily a bad thing or are we a money-making business which becomes a bigger aset the more successful we are?

can't imagine it's a gift,more likely the debt is still there but owed to him instead of banks etc so we are probably saving on intrest

How can the club owe him money? He owns the club outright.