Sam questioning his position?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sam’s in for Mort talksJul 30 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SAM ALLARDYCE was having a “clear the air” meeting with Newcastle United chairman Chris Mort today after reports over the weekend that Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer were returning to the club.

The United boss woke up to headlines yesterday saying that arguably two of the greatest men in United’s history were wanted by the new regime.

And while he bit his tongue when asked about the situation, Big Sam made it clear all he wants is to be left alone to do the job he is well paid to do.

In the past week, all the talk down south was that United’s new owner Mike Ashley has asked Keegan to name his price to come back as director of football at St James’ Park with Shearer as his manager.

But not many people are taking this seriously, with Keegan running his Soccer circus in Glasgow and Shearer fully occupied with his job with BBC’s Match of the Day and his ambassadorial role with United and Umbro.

I have kept in touch with Shearer since he retired and he never wastes the opportunity to tell me he is currently living and loving his life to the full.

Yet there is little doubt that one day Shearer will be manager of his beloved Newcastle United but the earliest that is likely to happen is in two years’ time.

Allardyce has a three-year contract worth £9m and he is currently in a no-lose situation at St James’ Park.

But this could well be his last job in football and he understandably wants to make a success of it.

The last thing he wanted after today’s meeting is the dreaded vote of confidence from Mort, but the United hierarchy owe it to Allardyce to make some sort of statement.

Earlier this month, when he faced the media, Mort said: “Sam is a great appointment.

“Obviously he is not our appointment, but we have no problem with the role Sam has and we are sticking with him.”

The question of signings would obviously crop up at today’s meeting, but Allardyce’s plea to be given cash to strengthen his squad has not been helped by the way United have destroyed Celtic and Juventus in the last couple of days, with the club’s youngsters playing their full part in the absence of Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Emre, and Celestine Babayaro.

Allardyce’s only comment was: “I have no idea what the club’s thoughts are in that department.

“It hasn’t come up – but if it does I’ll make my views known in private.”

Makes it sound like Big Sam is holding them to ransom, Anal really is a prick

Guest hagler

might be worth having ssn on all day...you never know up here...woundent be a shock if he resigned after the meeting

:lol:

JWTBQFHWYFFS

Oh ! Youre gonna have to help me out with that one

Jesus wept to be quite fucking honest with you for fuck's sake, would be my guess. And my reaction too.

Or some rumours have appeared (lets be honest, these are rumours anyone could've made up) and then questions get asked. Everyone assumes 'no smoke without fire' and now our chairman has to sit down with our manager to explain that it's all a load of bollocks.

Guest Knightrider

The media are cunts, they're clearly seeing our frustration in the market and putting 2 and 2 together, but should we be surprised? This is the difficult job aspect Souness, Roeder and just about every manager we've had talked about, the rumours and gossip. Big Sam and Mort were laughing and joking together and seemed very relaxed. Nowt in it all if you ask me, just your typical shit stirring from the press.

The media are cunts, they're clearly seeing our frustration in the market and putting 2 and 2 together, but should we be surprised? This is the difficult job aspect Souness, Roeder and just about every manager we've had talked about, the rumours and gossip. Big Sam and Mort were laughing and joking together and seemed very relaxed. Nowt in it all if you ask me, just your typical shit stirring from the press.

The last thing he wanted after today’s meeting is the dreaded vote of confidence from Mort, but the United hierarchy owe it to Allardyce to make some sort of statement.

Earlier this month, when he faced the media, Mort said: “Sam is a great appointment.

“Obviously he is not our appointment, but we have no problem with the role Sam has and we are sticking with him.”

Can't quite see how Mort's backing of Sam requires another statement of backing. Have the United hierarchy actually publicly said they want Keegers and Shearer here?

If it turns out to be true then fair play to Oliver. But if it's a load of bollocks will Alan Oliver owe it to his readers to make a statement confirming it was bollocks?

The media are c***s, they're clearly seeing our frustration in the market and putting 2 and 2 together, but should we be surprised? This is the difficult job aspect Souness, Roeder and just about every manager we've had talked about, the rumours and gossip. Big Sam and Mort were laughing and joking together and seemed very relaxed. Nowt in it all if you ask me, just your typical s*** stirring from the press.

Where was this? at the game yesterday ??

Guest Knightrider

The media are c***s, they're clearly seeing our frustration in the market and putting 2 and 2 together, but should we be surprised? This is the difficult job aspect Souness, Roeder and just about every manager we've had talked about, the rumours and gossip. Big Sam and Mort were laughing and joking together and seemed very relaxed. Nowt in it all if you ask me, just your typical s*** stirring from the press.

Aye, and the Celtic match.

Guest Bramble OG

Think its more trying to get Ashley to come out and say something for the papers to report. must be driving them mad that he never speaks publicly

Aye, and the Celtic match.

That's actually encouraging, as BSA's "public" interview face has appeared anything but happy, here's hoping it's all strategic "bluffing"

Sam’s in for Mort talksJul 30 2007

SAM ALLARDYCE was having a “clear the air” meeting with Newcastle United chairman Chris Mort today after reports over the weekend that Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer were returning to the club.

The United boss woke up to headlines yesterday saying that arguably two of the greatest men in United’s history were wanted by the new regime.

And while he bit his tongue when asked about the situation, Big Sam made it clear all he wants is to be left alone to do the job he is well paid to do.

In the past week, all the talk down south was that United’s new owner Mike Ashley has asked Keegan to name his price to come back as director of football at St James’ Park with Shearer as his manager.

But not many people are taking this seriously, with Keegan running his Soccer circus in Glasgow and Shearer fully occupied with his job with BBC’s Match of the Day and his ambassadorial role with United and Umbro.

I have kept in touch with Shearer since he retired and he never wastes the opportunity to tell me he is currently living and loving his life to the full.

Yet there is little doubt that one day Shearer will be manager of his beloved Newcastle United but the earliest that is likely to happen is in two years’ time.

Allardyce has a three-year contract worth £9m and he is currently in a no-lose situation at St James’ Park.

But this could well be his last job in football and he understandably wants to make a success of it.

The question of signings would obviously crop up at today’s meeting, but Allardyce’s plea to be given cash to strengthen his squad has not been helped by the way United have destroyed Celtic and Juventus in the last couple of days, with the club’s youngsters playing their full part in the absence of Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Emre, and Celestine Babayaro.

Allardyce’s only comment was: “I have no idea what the club’s thoughts are in that department.

“It hasn’t come up – but if it does I’ll make my views known in private.”

Makes it sound like Big Sam is holding them to ransom, Anal really is a prick

How ironic that Shepherd and Hall appointed a good manager - despite people laughably saying they couldn't - then he walks when the "saviours" [ie anyone but Hall and Shepherd] don't back him.

This hasn't happened to Newcastle since Arthur Cox and Gordon Lee, by the way.