Author Topic: The Weather  (Read 259368 times)

The Weather
« on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
Not sure what its like in Newcastle but here in Newry (Northern Ireland) it was an amazing month weather wise in April, brilliant heat and May is set to get better  :D 17 degrees here atm and going to be 21 degrees at the weekend. Just seen on the news that its going to be an very warm summer  :D isnt it great.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Re: The Weather
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:13:59 PM »
ive got my holiday destinations on my google homepage, bratislava has been pure sun for weeks now...

i bet it wont carry through

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:18:19 PM »
Beautiful day in Glasgow. 

Cancelled my plans, sat in the sun... and slowly reminded myself why I hated last summer...  Lovely day though, not a cloud in the sky. :)
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
Sun beaming down all day today, bliss...

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:19:46 PM »
Ive a hard week of assignments in college then i get a four day weekend to lie outside get roasted :D BEER GARDENNNN
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
UK Met Office predicts warm summer by Steph Ball
The UK Met Office has today issued its forecast for the approaching summer, predicting that it will be a warm one. Indications suggest there is at least a 70% chance that the summer temperatures will be above average, with a 1 in 8 chance that values could match the 38.5C (101F) record set in 2003.

This follows confirmation by the Met Office that the UK has had the warmest April on record, since records began in 1659. The highest individual temperature recorded through the month was 26.5C (80F) at Herstmonceux, East Sussex on the 15th April.

Provisionally the third sunniest April on record, the UK has been dominated by high pressure over the last few weeks which have led to record temperatures and a lack of rainfall.

It is not just the UK that has been breaking records, with France, Germany and Belgium all experiencing temperatures well above average. In contrast Spain has been suffering from an unusually wet spring so far and some late snow falls.

With bookies already taking bets that May’s UK temperature record will be broken this month it feels like summer has already begun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/news/01052007news.shtml

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 06:57:24 PM »
My favourite time of the year right now, when the weather is like this. Nice and warm but not too hot, crisp fresh air but not too muggy, hayfever isn't too bad for me atm, and there's very few b****** wasps and flies.

:)

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 08:18:46 PM »
wonder what odds you'd get on 100F or over in the Toon over the summer

Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 08:28:59 PM »

Cancelled my plans, sat in the sun... and slowly reminded myself why I hated last summer...  Lovely day though, not a cloud in the sky. :)

Warm enough for you to burn your bald head already ???
That's right. I said it. I meant it. I'm here to represent it.

Newcastle United FC - The Animated Series

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 08:33:24 PM »

:nope:

Wasn't far off, but nature knows there will only be one winner in this battle...
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 08:39:18 PM »

:nope:

Wasn't far off, but nature knows there will only be one winner in this battle...

Would that be:

That's right. I said it. I meant it. I'm here to represent it.

Newcastle United FC - The Animated Series

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 1 May 2007, 08:43:24 PM »
:lol: :lol:

Very good.

Mr. Snrub

• Messi
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 01:19:45 PM »
21 degrees today here.  Such a great day.

I think relaxing out the back with an ipod and a few cold ones sounds like a plan.

Snoops

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Its hot round my parts the day (you can take that any way you like)  bluelaugh.gif

Seriously though, its a gorgeous day. Perfect for sitting out in the garden with an iced drink after work.  blueyes.gif

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 08:16:39 PM »
Freezing out tonight though.

Mr. Snrub

• Messi
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 08:24:07 PM »
Still really warm here.  Was just outside kicking the ball about, still hot enough for shorts.

« Reply #16 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 08:40:06 PM »
Completely roasting in Glasgow today, hope it stays for the weekend.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 10:01:27 PM »
keep your sex life to yourself thanks
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • Suck it up, bitch!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 10:10:03 PM »
:lol:
"Football violence will continue as long as they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their Bovril" - Billy Connolly

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 10:23:22 PM »
Speak for yourself >:(
Go on Colin....

« Reply #20 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 11:37:26 PM »
with weather like this whats peoples problem with global warming?

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 11:40:59 PM »
Maybe this...

« Reply #22 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 11:43:23 PM »
Maybe this...

good point, but still enjoy it while it lasts

« Reply #23 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 11:44:42 PM »

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 3 May 2007, 11:48:55 PM »
Maybe this...

good point, but still enjoy it while it lasts
are you new here div-s...you can't just give in like that,you have to shout and scream,deny and denounce and never ever ever admit you were wrong,drag your argument over 32 pages whilst sometimes trying to take the thread off subject in order to try and stop your views getting pulverised.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.