Author Topic: Roughest five bars you've been in on Tyneside  (Read 51481 times)

Re: Roughest five bars you've been in on Tyneside
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
To be fair even in the 80s when the bars round west newcastle were full every night there wasnt a lot of trouble
New to all this technology

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 05:19:45 PM »
Chippys and other takeaways on the other hand.
Last buses back from town as well
New to all this technology

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 12:20:21 AM »
The Garricks Head in Shields, worked on the door there for 3 months. The only bar where I have genuinely wondered if I would make it home in one piece. The Blyth and Tyne in Blyth comes close.

Every time I pass, no matter what time of day, no matter what day of the week, the Garrick's Head has an 80's disco light show/karaoke stage thing up. Even when closed.
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 12:40:54 AM »
To be fair even in the 80s when the bars round west newcastle were full every night there wasnt a lot of trouble
Which bars were these that were full through the week ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.