Author Topic: :::::The boxing thread:::::  (Read 361145 times)

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Harrison v Williams
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 11:36:19 PM »
Khan on now.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 11:41:14 PM »
Wouldn't mind Khan getting beat, to be honest.  No particular like for him, and I'm not particularly patriotic about boxing.  Other guy seems to have a bit more charisma about him.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:04:57 AM »
Did Khan win?

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:05:33 AM »
Khan isn't going to lose this unless something major happens or he gets very very tired. The other guy must've thrown about 3 punches all fight.

*spoke too soon*

French guy has gone mental....   ....  . .   and we're back to Khan jabbing away

(for Dave- its round 7 atm live itv)
Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:07:10 AM »
Why is it on so late, or is it coverage from earlier?

« Reply #30 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:08:33 AM »
programme only started at 10. Williams vs Harrison was before it for some reason... it wouldve been later if all 3 advertised fights had gone ahead (i think).
Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:08:41 AM »
Why is it on so late, or is it coverage from earlier?

It's live, not sure why so late.

Well, I'm pretty sure it's live like.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:12:28 AM »
That's the thing, I thought this would be the precursor to the Harrison fight. Weird.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:25:44 AM »
Not a dig at Khan, cause he's clearly talented, but I've yet to enjoy a boxing match he's involved in.  A professional one, anyway.

The College Dropout

• The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:50:43 AM »
Not a dig at Khan, cause he's clearly talented, but I've yet to enjoy a boxing match he's involved in.  A professional one, anyway.

Isit because you reckon you could "have him" in a fight?

Sounds stupid but whenever I see him box I'm always thinking to myself "I could have that skinny runt."

P.S. Dear Danny Boy, You got MERKED!!!

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:52:49 AM »

Sounds stupid but whenever I see him box I'm always thinking to myself "I could have that skinny runt."

Hmm, never thought of it like that, but I don't think so.  Might have something to do with fighting people he has absolutely no chance of losing against like.  Even the guy tonight he was always expected to beat.

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 12:54:17 AM »

Hmm, never thought of it like that, but I don't think so.  Might have something to do with fighting people he has absolutely no chance of losing against like.  Even the guy tonight he was always expected to beat.

Tonights opponent won him a belt though, so really the guy was good, and not many better in the weight left. His last fight the guy was no 14 in the world in his weight, im guessing the dude from tonight was higher.

« Reply #37 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 10:29:09 AM »
Enjoy watching boxing but don't know much about it, one thing though.

Are all boxers "very good but, do have their critics for xxx"

and do they always fight people who are actually good enough?

Obviously you do get the big fights now and then but it seems everytime i watch it the commentators are moaning about how boxer xxxxx really isnt being tested and needs to fight someone better.

La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 10 December 2006, 11:44:56 AM »
To be fair Amir will have taken a lot from that fight. Its the first time I have seen him take a few punches (especially in round 6/10).

Amir showed a weakness in his guard on his left side. He failed to keep his left hand high and was hit with some real quality right hands.

Audly was good but tbh he aint got too long left. 

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
Boxing on ITV4 - NOW!!
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 17 February 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
What a fight this is!!! :rockyII:

Re: Boxing on ITV4 - NOW!!
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 17 February 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
Probably a s*** fight you just wanted to use that smiley :)

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 17 February 2007, 09:36:49 PM »
Seriously they're beating the crap out of each other!!

There were 4 knock downs in the first couple of rounds.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 17 February 2007, 10:24:49 PM »
Well the Khan fight lived up to its billing. :rolleyes:

Incognito

• I am the eggman goo goo gjoob
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:13:18 AM »
Ordinary Harrison must be finished now.He'll get a cauliflower arse if he continues.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #44 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:24:42 AM »
f***ing magic. Earl vs. Katsidis. Straight out brawl, no technique involved.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:25:25 AM »
Ordinary Harrison must be finished now.He'll get a cauliflower arse if he continues.

Yeah, he's got to be finished now.

Everyone's totally Boredly of Fraudley Audley.

Sorry.

Syrette

• TAFKA Role Model
  • Forward thinking
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:25:51 AM »
Apology not accepted.

« Reply #47 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:41:57 AM »
Did anyone see the fight with Graham Earle against the ozzy guy? f***ing hell! The guy took so many smacks, got knocked down 3 times and still almost beat him. Class fight.

GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • No. I don't believe it, either.
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 12:55:13 AM »
Boxing should be banned.
"Football violence will continue as long as they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their Bovril" - Billy Connolly

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 18 February 2007, 01:12:01 AM »
Did anyone see the fight with Graham Earle against the ozzy guy? f***ing hell! The guy took so many smacks, got knocked down 3 times and still almost beat him. Class fight.

What a fight this is!!! :rockyII: