Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 390166 times)

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
:::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:43:01 PM »
Welcome to the Boxing thread, does what it says on the tin.

I'll try and keep the title up to date with what's being discussed at the time, well until I get bored of it anyway.
« Last Edit: Thursday 21 September 2017, 11:26:24 PM by Dave »

Nobby

• www.nufc-london.com
The boxing thread
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 01:44:58 PM »
Audley Harrison v Danny Williams,

just found out its at the Excel Centre!
£40 for a ticket, might go up there after work and try and get one

The Big Fight Live
Sat Dec 09
10:05 PM
135 min
Live coverage from ringside at London's ExCeL for one of the top boxing events of the year, featuring a host of Britain's best fight talent. First up on there's a heavyweight re-match between 2000 Olympic champion Audley Harrison and Danny Williams for 12 rounds of action.

The fight had to be arranged at the last minute after Harrison's intended opponent Matt Skelton fractured his hand. The two met a year ago, with Williams winning on a split decision. The boxing career of the loser will be over while the winner could see the possibility of a shot at the World Title. There's also action from Bolton-born boxing prodigy Amir Khan, who will be fighting for his first title, the vacant IBF Intercontinental light-welterweight championship, against Frenchman Rachid Drilzane. Khan celebrated his 20th birthday the night before the fight. Boxing legend Barry McGuigan joins Jim at ringside, whilst commentary comes from John Rawling and Duke McKenzie and reports from Gabriel Clarke.
Presenter:    Barry McGuigan and Jim Rosenthal.

« Last Edit: Saturday 9 December 2006, 03:13:02 PM by Nobby »
Good things come to those who wait

Re: Harrison v Williams
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:00:06 PM »
Hopefully it won't be as dull as the last time they fought each other.
Xbox gamertag: x Socket
Newcastle-online COD4 Champion :lol:

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:01:52 PM »
I'll be watching, and the Amir Khan fight too.

[/not going out]

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:43:12 PM »
I thought Harrison had pulled out?  blueconfused.gif

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:44:43 PM »

Nope, blue line and everything!

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:45:17 PM »

That's Scott Harrison, different guy.

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 02:47:39 PM »

That's Scott Harrison, different guy.

Ahhh.

Just heard 'Harrison' had pulled out of a fight.

Nobby

• www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 03:05:39 PM »
hopefully they should go for it like they did at the press conference
Good things come to those who wait

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 07:28:52 PM »
Was this not the fight that was so horrendously boring last time?  I'll still probably watch it though.  As long as it doesn't clash with Jaws 2.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 08:51:40 PM »
Was this not the fight that was so horrendously boring last time? I'll still probably watch it though. As long as it doesn't clash with Jaws 2.

Aye it was, they hardly threw a punch at each other they just kinda of grappled a bit.  Everyone was boo-ing at them if I remember correctly.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 08:53:54 PM »
It was in the paper today that they had a bit of a scuffle at the pre-fight weigh in... Should get them fired up a bit more for this one.

« Reply #12 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:18:10 PM »
Here we go.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:24:22 PM »
No idea who I want to win this fight.  The two of them are utter pricks.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:31:32 PM »
"At last, is Harrison starting to look like the finished article?" 

No, Williams is just as bad as he is.

Baggio

• Definitely not black
  • Thinks NU$C are s****.
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:31:55 PM »
Good fight this :vava:

« Reply #16 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:32:16 PM »
Williams isn't even hitting him.

« Reply #17 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:33:39 PM »
Spoke too soon  :lol:

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:33:57 PM »
That was quite a cut under Williams' eye like.

« Reply #19 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:35:36 PM »
Over already...

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:35:40 PM »
:lol:

Hilarious, man.  They're making Harrison out to be some sort of world beater.

« Reply #21 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:45:17 PM »
Well that was a waste of time tunning in, how are they going to fill in the next hour an 40 mins?  :lol: Turned over to motd, shearer is on again, he's a regular it seems now. ;p

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:47:19 PM »
Still chuckling at the way they're building him up.  Going to be great when he steps up and gets absolutely slaughtered.

The College Dropout

• The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:57:30 PM »
Still chuckling at the way they're building him up.  Going to be great when he steps up and gets absolutely slaughtered.

How old is he anyway, 35?

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 9 December 2006, 10:59:51 PM »

How old is he anyway, 35?

Yep, and "he has the world at his feet."  bluelaugh.gif