Author Topic: Anyone got any giggs to look forward to this year?  (Read 255011 times)

Kid Icarus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lessthanlee

Re: Anyone got any gigs to look foward to this year?
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 06:45:14 PM »
Got a ticket for Less Than Jake & The Dropkick Murphys at the Carling Academy in Nov, also thinking of getting tickets to see Rancid there a few days later...

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 06:59:45 PM »
My next gig is the MTV2 new tour thingy next month, Wolfmother, ¬°Forward, Russia!, fields and the maccabees.

Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 10:29:33 AM »
Danko Jones, Gogol Bordello, Disco Ensemble, Bedouin Soundclash

http://www.antidotetour.com/
That's right. I said it. I meant it. I'm here to represent it.

Newcastle United FC - The Animated Series

« Reply #53 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 11:21:07 AM »
Got tickets a few weeks ago now for the NME Tour at Northumbria Uni - The Fratellis, The Horrors, The Dykeenies and The Maccabees.

Totally forgot that it might clash with the League Cup and when I realised, I was hoping we'd play on the Tuesday, but no, at home to Portsmouth on the Wednesday. As I'd already bought them, I decided I'd go. Besides which, if I went to the match, we'd have only played crap anyway and then I'd be annoyed I'd missed the gig. If I hadn't already got tickets for the gig, I'd be going to the game, but I've a feeling I might enjoy the gig more. I hope I'm wrong.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #54 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 07:29:33 PM »
Might pop down to De La Soul tomorrow night.  bluecool.gif

« Reply #55 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 07:31:58 PM »
Ben Harper & Innocent Criminals last night. Not particularly a fan, put they were brilliant.
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Geordiesned

« Reply #56 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 07:50:19 PM »
Kasabian December 21st. blueyes.gif

Saw the Goo Goo Dolls as well t'other week at The Carling Academy.

:occasion14:

« Reply #57 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 10:37:10 PM »
Bought tickets to Ravi Shankar but the man injured his shoulder lifting one of his sitars.

Like, wtf.

So got our money back.

« Reply #58 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 10:39:16 PM »
Anyone go to Badly Drawn Boy last night? He flipped out. He started offering out everyone at the bar for 'not shutting the f*** up', then he ab-libbed some words in an acoustic number along the lines of 'and you're all a bunch of f***ing c***s'. Got better after that, like.

Verlaine

« Reply #59 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 11:35:49 PM »
no, unfortunately, i hope to see a 'big band' quite soon, and then go to a festival in the summer! any reccomendations for festivals?

i like metal, rock, indie, acoustic, most but dance and pop... really.

Go to a European one outside the UK. Some really good ones in France & Iceland. Denmark too.

« Reply #60 on: Friday 27 October 2006, 11:57:56 PM »
Got tickets a few weeks ago now for the NME Tour at Northumbria Uni - The Fratellis, The Horrors, The Dykeenies and The Maccabees.

Totally forgot that it might clash with the League Cup and when I realised, I was hoping we'd play on the Tuesday, but no, at home to Portsmouth on the Wednesday. As I'd already bought them, I decided I'd go. Besides which, if I went to the match, we'd have only played crap anyway and then I'd be annoyed I'd missed the gig. If I hadn't already got tickets for the gig, I'd be going to the game, but I've a feeling I might enjoy the gig more. I hope I'm wrong.

One of the Fratellis used to work in a pub i went to quite a lot. Cant believe they are getting so big, their tunes arent even that good! Seem to have cornered the market though. going to TV on the Radio on the 8th  :) Quality band.

makemeacupoftea

« Reply #61 on: Saturday 28 October 2006, 12:04:36 AM »
Going to see incubus on 14th november

wooooooo

« Reply #62 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 12:45:55 AM »
Saw Sufjan Stevens at the Barbican in London tonight and i was utterly blown away. Support act was one of the guitarists from the band. She was called St Vincent and played solo on guitar and piano. She was lush, full of character and great songs. Sufjan and his band came on and were all dresssed up as birds. Highlight was Jacksonville but he also played some amazing stuff off the new 'christmas' album.

His brass section is phenomenal.

I sat next to Antony from Antony and the Johnsons.

« Reply #63 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 12:49:12 AM »
Going to see incubus on 14th november

wooooooo

s**** tbh... well they were when i seen em..

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 12:52:07 AM »
Motorhead tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Not an amazingly gifted band, but will put on one hell of a performance.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 12:52:23 AM »
De La Soul kicked arse by the way.  blueyes.gif blueyes.gif

« Reply #66 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 12:54:58 AM »
Motorhead tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Not an amazingly gifted band, but will put on one hell of a performance.

f***ing mint man.

Happy Face

• The forum equivalent of Arnie in T2
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 10:27:42 AM »
I sat next to Antony from Antony and the Johnsons.

Did he sin along atonally  bluebiggrin.gif

BooBoo

« Reply #68 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 11:01:19 AM »

Is it true their set was cut a bit short meaning they had to bin some of their classics off 3 Feet....?

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 4 November 2006, 11:36:52 AM »

Is it true their set was cut a bit short meaning they had to bin some of their classics off 3 Feet....?

Erm... They didn't play everything off 3FH&R, but I don't think their set was cut short because they finished about 4am, which is the normal closing time, although that was the night the clocks went back so it's a bit confusing. They didn't do an encore as far as I remember though, but I was pretty knackered by the end, not to mention under the effects of a fair few shandies.

« Reply #70 on: Monday 6 November 2006, 09:53:59 AM »
Richard Ashcroft December 2nd
Kasabian 21st December
Flaming Lips Birmingham (this week).
Invicta_Toon 21st June 2007:
"you're a f****** c*** tbh AS9
and I say that in the knowledge that certain admins want me gone, in the face of their rank f****** hypocrisy in the face of pieces of s*** like yourself, blatant WUM's like NE5, blatant w*****s like Jay Jay Sea, and all other 12 year old cocks"
100% Pure Quality.

Concerts
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 11 November 2006, 03:42:11 PM »
Just wondering if there is a site that would give listings of future concerts/shows in a certain city?

Nobby

• www.nufc-london.com
Re: Concerts
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 11 November 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
Good things come to those who wait

lessthanlee

« Reply #73 on: Saturday 11 November 2006, 03:54:30 PM »

« Reply #74 on: Saturday 11 November 2006, 04:12:06 PM »
Thanks