Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 171419 times)

kebabstylee

Re: Formula 1 - World Champion Nico Rosberg announces retirement
« Reply #25 on: Monday 3 April 2006, 02:11:52 PM »
I didn't say he was the best, but there's no-one better.He's the most consistent driver in qualifying, averaging 2nd place so far this year, he's the most succesful driver never to have won a grand prix, and the only reason he has never won a grand prix is because he hasn't had a car quick enough to do it. If you put Button in a Renault or McLaren he would be World Champion. He would easily wip the floor with Alonso, Raikkonen et al.

Well if no one is better, he isn't second best is he? ;)

Personally I'd say Raikkonen is a better driver, but he has less luck than Button.

What I am trying to indicate is that there are a few drivers around at the moment who are all pretty much as good as each other.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 23 April 2006, 12:59:04 PM »
BUMP.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #27 on: Sunday 23 April 2006, 01:08:30 PM »
LOL

Lap 1:  Christijan Albers crashes out on the first lap with a dramatic roll on the Tosa corner, but emerges from the car unharmed. Meanwhile, Rubens Barrichello has fallen back to fifth as Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso take advantage

« Reply #28 on: Sunday 23 April 2006, 01:23:58 PM »
Use to be a massive fan but to be honest its been abit boring last few years.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 01:10:40 PM »
Who started pole today?  Missed the first few laps.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Geordiesned

« Reply #30 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
Any mint crashes yet?  :twisted:

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
Who started pole today?  Missed the first few laps.

Think it was Alonso. They had a caption showing place gains/losses and Alonso was first with a '0' next to his name.

F1 is dogshit these days. Monaco is the only one worth watching - and it's still s***.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 01:18:56 PM »
It's better than it has been over the past few years, mind.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
It says something that qualifying is more exciting than the race.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
I got bored... who won?

kebabstylee

« Reply #35 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 04:16:01 PM »
Alonso.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
There's a surprise...

« Reply #37 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 05:03:21 PM »
Kimi would of won today, but once that sc came out his engine over heated with going so slow it let go, otherwise he would of had alonso, he was stuck to his rear all day.
Xbox gamertag: x Socket
Newcastle-online COD4 Champion :lol:

PM

« Reply #38 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 05:12:22 PM »
I think Raikkonen would have jumped Alonso at the 2nd stops had it been clear to the end.    But Webber may have got the pair of them.

Ashley17

• Duff11
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 28 May 2006, 05:36:10 PM »
I think it's remarkable that David Coulthard finished 3rd.

kebabstylee

« Reply #40 on: Sunday 6 August 2006, 03:26:58 PM »
BUTTON WINS!!!  :celb2: :first:

From 14th on the grid! In the rain! Obliterated Schumi, tore seconds out of Alonso's lead before he went off, beat Fisi, beat Massa, beat De La Rosa..

BUTTON WINS!!!!

« Reply #41 on: Sunday 6 August 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
Watched the race that was one of the better races this season, makes a change to see it more tactical and today Honda got it spot on. Congraulations Jenson lets hope this can really kick start your career maybe not this season to make a serious impact on the championship but hopefully the next few years.

kebabstylee

« Reply #42 on: Sunday 6 August 2006, 03:49:39 PM »
Was probably the best GP I've ever watched in all honesty, it's up there with Damon winning the championship at Suzuka, and Damon winning Spa '98 in the Jordan. Brilliant.

The College Dropout

• The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 6 August 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
A very good race.

It wouldve been good for Schuey to eat into Alonso s lead as well.

Morph

« Reply #44 on: Sunday 6 August 2006, 06:05:29 PM »
amazing race from what i'd seen of it.

Schumi will win championship though  blueupset.gif

« Reply #45 on: Monday 7 August 2006, 01:18:10 PM »
A very good race.

It wouldve been good for Schuey to eat into Alonso s lead as well.

He got a point btw after the guy who finished 7th for disqualified. So the lead is now 10pts is it?

JPFIN

« Reply #46 on: Monday 7 August 2006, 01:48:58 PM »
Great race, and good to see some new faces on the podium for a while.

Reports say that Kimi Raikkonen will sign a 5-year deal worth 160m euros with Ferrariblueeek.gif

« Reply #47 on: Monday 7 August 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
quite p*ssed off that

A) i had to settle with the highlights of the hungary gp
B) Century radio ruined the result of the GP without warning

but the race itself was immense, and previously i'd had no great love for JB, but I was well chuffed when he won yesterday.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

The College Dropout

• The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #48 on: Monday 7 August 2006, 07:36:42 PM »

Schumi will win championship though  blueupset.gif

Why so mad?

Alonso has plenty of time to win more championships, the Shuey era is coming to an end.

kebabstylee

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 8 August 2006, 01:17:29 AM »

Schumi will win championship though blueupset.gif

Why so mad?

Alonso has plenty of time to win more championships, the Schuey era is coming to an end.

.... and the Button era is about to begin