Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 171253 times)

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Formula 1
« on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:09:53 AM »
Why not, eh? 

Anyone else watching?

I have it on mute, who was it that crashed?
« Last Edit: Monday 9 January 2017, 08:41:27 PM by Dave »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

PM

Re: Formula 1 - World Champion Nico Rosberg announces retirement
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:16:09 AM »
It's easier to say who hasn't crashed, latest one was Liuzzi in the Toro Rosso.

Pathetic driving through the entire field today really, you'd think it was the 1st race back after the winter break.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:17:09 AM »
Ah, s***.  One I seen was a Ferrari, I assumed Schumacher though, seems to have no luck anymore.  Not that that's a bad thing, arrogant tosser.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:17:46 AM »
Schumi crashed bluesigh.gif

PM

« Reply #4 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:19:45 AM »
Ah, s***. One I seen was a Ferrari, I assumed Schumacher though, seems to have no luck anymore. Not that that's a bad thing, arrogant tosser.

Aye it was.  Massa did his usual kamikaze in the 1st corner of the race, and Schumacher was driving like a man possessed chasing Button down and just lost it, before trying to enter the Toyota garage :lol:

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:25:42 AM »
Haw haw.  Lucky c***. 

EDIT: Infact, not lucky, f***ed!  Montoya out.

PM

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:27:58 AM »
Haw haw.  Lucky c***.

EDIT: Infact, not lucky, f***ed!  Montoya out.

Not sure if he f***ed up which caused a problem, or had a problem which f***ed him up.

I'd guess the former knowing Montoya.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:42:33 AM »
 crylaughin.gif

Button! 

Seems Optimistic Nut's thread may well have been the jinx.

PM

« Reply #8 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:45:26 AM »
:lol: Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :lol:

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:46:06 AM »
Aye.  "Get out Jenson, push!"  Grr, I hate British commentators, on ANY sport.

PM

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 06:49:33 AM »
Aye. "Get out Jenson, push!" Grr, I hate British commentators, on ANY sport.

:lol: Aye!

On F1 forums we're always saying how much James Allen loves Button, doing nothing to disprove that! :lol:

« Reply #11 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 07:05:06 AM »
Has anyone else slowly ceased to care about F1 since about 2002?  I just can't get into it anymore, used to watch every race. 

But yes, James Allen is a tosser.  Wanted to yell at him in Indianapolis in 2004. ITV was just above where we sat.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 07:07:24 AM »
Up until this year, I was like that.  Don't know if I made more of an effort now to watch it, or if it's just got better, but nevertheless I enjoy it now. 

Sgrey

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 08:59:27 AM »
Last year i only missed the odd race, this year i have'nt seen any... :?

I am a Button fan btw, good driver, was hoping he would break his duck today....i am now wondering if he ever will :(

« Reply #14 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 03:36:31 PM »
They all need more go fast stripes really.

Saw loads of last season havent seen any of this years.

Wants Kimi to win not sure if it will happen though

kebabstylee

« Reply #15 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 03:41:46 PM »

I am a Button fan btw, good driver, was hoping he would break his duck today....i am now wondering if he ever will :(

I'm a Button fan aswell, but after today I just can't even think of what to type to express my disappointment. I'm starting to think he's never going to have the car underneath him to win a Grand Prix, letalone a championship, even though there's not a better driver than him in the field.

Sgrey

« Reply #16 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 03:46:50 PM »

I'm a Button fan aswell, but after today I just can't even think of what to type to express my disappointment. I'm starting to think he's never going to have the car underneath him to win a Grand Prix, letalone a championship, even though there's not a better driver than him in the field.

Yeah i agree, mightve been better for him to move on when he had the chance to...at the time i wanted him to stay with BAR as they seemed like a team progressing. But now it looks totally different, as they are not doing anything new and at times taking backwards steps :(

kebabstylee

« Reply #17 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 03:52:56 PM »

Yeah i agree, mightve been better for him to move on when he had the chance to...at the time i wanted him to stay with BAR as they seemed like a team progressing. But now it looks totally different, as they are not doing anything new and at times taking backwards steps :(

I reckon the only place he could go to guarantee him wins is McLaren. They always produce a car capable of winning. Renault - they're good now but I don't see it lasting beyond this season, Ferrari - Dominated for so long but they're on a downward spiral and it's hard to see them coming back any time soon, Williams - confined to midfield for all eternity.

Honda could maybe possibly one day come good, but it's hard to imagine if this lack of grip is down to the chassis - obviously not an easy thing to change.

Anyway, talk of him going somewhere else is probably pointless as it would seem he's tied to Honda for a very very very long time. But if he could go anywhere... I'd want him at McLaren.

....Hang on, Alonso going there next year..... talk of Kimi going to Ferrari....... hmmm.....

Nah. He'll be at Honda till he's 30.

Sgrey

« Reply #18 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 04:02:25 PM »
Yeah, i think Renault are capable of going for a few years tbh, they have a good car now, and providing there are no more major rule changes then i think they are capable of getting better. I agree about williams though, they wouldve definatly had him fighting for the title this year.

But like you say, seems he is stuck at BAR

PM

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 05:32:51 PM »
Yeah, i think Renault are capable of going for a few years tbh, they have a good car now, and providing there are no more major rule changes then i think they are capable of getting better. I agree about williams though, they wouldve definatly had him fighting for the title this year.

BAR are now Honda Racing.

And I had to laugh at Button being the best driver in the field.  What you smoking Kebab?!

ticaL

« Reply #20 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 09:01:01 PM »

And I had to laugh at Button being the best driver in the field. What you smoking Kebab?!

Potential...much like Fisichella, except he's won races before.

Suprised that a Toro got a point with Speed, Barichello looks terrible, struggled to overtake even in a car that's apparently better than the mid-rift.

Button didn't have the pace for the whole race, but I wouldn't blame him entirely for that, the car looks out of touch with Mclaren, Renault and perhaps Toyota/Williams.

Ferrari looked slow, must of been that rear wing change. :D

PM

« Reply #21 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 09:13:57 PM »
Toro Rosso don't have that point anymore.  Speed was demoted to 11th for overtaking DC under yellow flags, promoting DC to 8th.  Apparently in the stewards meeting Speed then told DC to "f*** off" :lol:

ticaL

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 2 April 2006, 09:18:26 PM »
Meh, I didn't see that bit, shame for them especially considering they are the sister team of Red Bull.

Right decision I suppose...

kebabstylee

« Reply #23 on: Monday 3 April 2006, 10:51:07 AM »

And I had to laugh at Button being the best driver in the field. What you smoking Kebab?!

I didn't say he was the best, but there's no-one better. He's the most consistent driver in qualifying, averaging 2nd place so far this year, he's the most succesful driver never to have won a grand prix, and the only reason he has never won a grand prix is because he hasn't had a car quick enough to do it. If you put Button in a Renault or McLaren he would be World Champion. He would easily wip the floor with Alonso, Raikkonen et al.

ticaL

« Reply #24 on: Monday 3 April 2006, 01:57:58 PM »
I didn't say he was the best, but there's no-one better.He's the most consistent driver in qualifying, averaging 2nd place so far this year, he's the most succesful driver never to have won a grand prix, and the only reason he has never won a grand prix is because he hasn't had a car quick enough to do it. If you put Button in a Renault or McLaren he would be World Champion. He would easily wip the floor with Alonso, Raikkonen et al.

Well if no one is better, he isn't second best is he? ;)

Personally I'd say Raikkonen is a better driver, but he has less luck than Button.