Author Topic: Glory hunters '  (Read 66464 times)

Cas

Glory hunters '
« on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 05:42:11 PM »
I've lived in Scotland for 11 years and only ever come across one Chelsea supporter before this week. now seen 3 diiferent people all with Brand new chelsea tops on.

They'll never enjoy our passion.....

Dave

• Administrator
Re: Glory hunters '
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
Quite a few in Leeds today with Chelsea shirts on. Wonder why...

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 05:46:12 PM »
ahhhh Glory Hunters' brand new kits!
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
I thought it was Glory Seekers.

Phil K

« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
Same difference...probably exchanged their Man U or Liverpool tops for Chelsea tops telling the assistant that "My mum thought I said Man U/Liverpool when I actually said Chelsea" assistant - "How come it's taken you 8 months to realise they're a different team, and a different colour ?" gloryhunter...."I'm er....colourblind and er....thick...." bluebiggrin.gif

Stevie

• aboot your level
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:33:03 PM »
The great thing about Newcastle upon Tyne is in the city you very rarely see any other shirt other than the toon, that's unheard of anywhere else.  In Belfast it was all Chelsea shirts when I was there.
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

Crumpy Gunt

• www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:43:05 PM »
Anyone who wears a replica shirt must be mentally subnormal.

Bramble OG

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:43:57 PM »
The great thing about Newcastle upon Tyne is in the city you very rarely see any other shirt other than the toon, that's unheard of anywhere else. In Belfast it was all Chelsea shirts when I was there.

Has anyone heard the bloke from newcastle whos often calls the phone-in on 5live, Chelsea fan with a geordie accent...its makes me cringe

Bubbles

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:53:13 PM »
you should have seen the town centre 2day, loads of plastic chelsea fans

before roman took them over, i only new 1 person that sort of supported chelsea and that lad changed his team every few months, 1 time he supported manyoo, then liverpool, then chelsea, then west ham

no joke, chelsea fans are an insult to the god given sport of football

Stevie

• aboot your level
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 06:55:47 PM »
you should have seen the town centre 2day, loads of plastic chelsea fans

before roman took them over, i only new 1 person that sort of supported chelsea and that lad changed his team every few months, 1 time he supported manyoo, then liverpool, then chelsea, then west ham

no joke, chelsea fans are an insult to the god given sport of football
What toon?

Bubbles

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 07:10:51 PM »

thepigofbishop

« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 April 2006, 08:14:58 PM »
Ive never seen so many bloody Boro shirts. Im pigging sick of them.

Its a bloody horrible shirt as wel.

« Reply #12 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 03:53:39 AM »
over here in Ireland the place is full of Glory Hunters its pathetic, i am a 100% Newcastle fan and will never change, ive seen about 5 people in the last 2 years in my City wearing Newcastle tops, there is a supporters club somewhere in Newry (where i live). And all the manure, liverpool, arsenal and chelsea fans laugh at me because im a newcastle fan, mainly because of how bad they where doing, some even said "You should change team". f***ing glory hunters make me sick
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

yoshi

« Reply #13 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 06:43:45 AM »
To be fair, it's normal. During the Keegan era there was a huge surge in Newcastle replicas in Asia too -- when just a few years before people were asking me what sports I was watching when I said I supported Newcastle.  :)

Stevie

• aboot your level
« Reply #14 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:09:44 AM »
What toon?

Derry City in Northern Ireland
I know 2 other toon fans from Derry as well, might be because it's close to Donegal, where Given's from?

« Reply #15 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 01:37:42 PM »
ive still never met a chelsea fan (apart from at the match obv), im sure it wont be long though. Ive got nothing against their supporters, just people who say they have supported them all their lives when they blatenly agent!
Two games in and this season stretches out like a prison sentence. - nufc.com 21.8.05

NUFCrichard

« Reply #16 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 01:37:49 PM »
I've got a mate who supports Man U, His brother supports Chelsea, His dad supports Arsenal and his Mum supports Liverpool!  That is a good glory supporting family, none of those clubs are their local team either!

« Reply #17 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 06:18:39 PM »
I'm not quite sure which English team someone from Derry should support.

Carlisle or Blackpool or Liverpool, not sure which is their 'local' team and would stop people from accusing them of being glory hunters.
Football Finances in plain English - http://www.football-finances.org.uk/

Bubbles

« Reply #18 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:00:55 PM »
I know 2 other toon fans from Derry as well, might be because it's close to Donegal, where Given's from?

Shay is from Lifford which is just over the border

Immsy7

« Reply #19 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:06:47 PM »
I live in the Midlands, God knows why i started to support Newcastle but ive supported them since i was about four (must have been the first team i saw on tele or something) but i fell in love with the toon. Anyway back to the topic around 60/70% of midlanders are glory hunters. I even know one lad that changed from Wolves to West Brom when Wolves went down n Baggies came up lol. The rest all support Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski. There are obviously a few who support the baggies and villa etc but there are more glory hunters than people who support there local team. No to many Walsall fans round tbh!

toon tone rudeboy

« Reply #20 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:08:56 PM »
At least the glory hunters know what they are "supporting".  Find someone in the states who is wearing a kit and ask them what the team is and they most likely wouldn't even know that.

"The team is called Arsenal?  I bought it because this is what Spike Lee wears..."  :roll:

« Reply #21 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:16:14 PM »
At least the glory hunters know what they are "supporting".  Find someone in the states who is wearing a kit and ask them what the team is and they most likely wouldn't even know that.

"The team is called Arsenal?  I bought it because this is what Spike Lee wears..."  :roll:

Bullshit.

There are a lot of Man United fans, and increasingly a lot of Chelsea fans. Glory hunters everywhere.  A lot of Arsenal fans too-- glory hunters, people who have lived in  or around London, and fans of beautiful football.

Stevie

• aboot your level
« Reply #22 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:26:21 PM »
I'm not quite sure which English team someone from Derry should support.

Carlisle or Blackpool or Liverpool, not sure which is their 'local' team and would stop people from accusing them of being glory hunters.

Who accused them of being glory hunters?

I can't see how anyone who supports the toon is a glory hunter.  Kids want to be associated with success.  It doesn't matter where you're from, you support the toon for a) b) or c) reason.   However if in the future the toon are succesful I feel sorry for non-Tyneside based fans, because people will just say they support the toon because they're glory hunters.

toon tone rudeboy

« Reply #23 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:28:32 PM »
At least the glory hunters know what they are "supporting". Find someone in the states who is wearing a kit and ask them what the team is and they most likely wouldn't even know that.

"The team is called Arsenal? I bought it because this is what Spike Lee wears..." :roll:

Bullshit.

There are a lot of Man United fans, and increasingly a lot of Chelsea fans. Glory hunters everywhere. A lot of Arsenal fans too-- glory hunters, people who have lived in or around London, and fans of beautiful football.

Sorry, thought it was rather clear that I was referring to Americans... and if you are arguing that fact then you are mistaken.  Man U?  Yeah, there are plenty of people with that kit... probably because you get one free with season tickets to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Case in point:
Ask an American in a Man U top to name five players in the squad... chances are, the only name you will get is Wayne Rooney and probably David Beckham as well....

Granted, this isn't always the case...

« Reply #24 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:33:27 PM »
The worst thing is Geordies who support these said mentioned clubs.

Where I used to work there was a Geordie man u fan who never went to the matches but wore a different man u strip every other day and it used to p*ss me right off.

I used to think "what the feck is he thinking?, he should get his self to a Newcastle match and have some feckin pride in the area he hails from, instead of stolling round in that feckin top"

Thats what these glory hunters dont realise, they have no idea footballs all about supporting your local team and having pride in your area however s**** they both might be.