Author Topic: 9/11: The Falling Man.  (Read 55755 times)

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
9/11: The Falling Man.
« on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:16:59 PM »
On Channel 4 now.  Some powerful images.  I still get goosebumps watching those planes fly in.  Say what you like about it, but nothing will ever match the visual impact that day created. 

Worth a watch, different perspective from the hero view.  Apparently news agencies refused to show people jumping, due to them being 'negative images'. 

Anyway, turn it on. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Re: 9/11: The Falling Man.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

Apparently news agencies refused to show people jumping, due to them being 'negative images'. 

I found that odd.  Surely a more important reason to cut away would be that bairns might be watching that early.  Not nice for them without a warning.
CHINKY ISN'T SHORT FOR CHINESE MAN!!

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:24:16 PM »

Apparently news agencies refused to show people jumping, due to them being 'negative images'. 

I found that odd.  Surely a more important reason to cut away would be that bairns might be watching that early.  Not nice for them without a warning.

Fair enough, was what it said though.  But it also meant from there on in.  There was photos of those jumping the day after, but then they were never seen again after that. 
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:26:49 PM »
If I'm being honest watching that footage of the planes doesn't really affect me. I agree with not showing the images early when kids might be watching, some people never shut up about violence on telly and then on the news at noon or in the morning you have pictures of people being abused etc etc.

« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:27:54 PM »
Ah forgot about this, really wanna watch it but im nicely settled and me remote is not to be found, me tele is not tuned in and me aerial is unplugged, and Father Ted is on
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:29:56 PM »
If I'm being honest watching that footage of the planes doesn't really affect me. I agree with not showing the images early when kids might be watching, some people never shut up about violence on telly and then on the news at noon or in the morning you have pictures of people being abused etc etc.

But that wasn't why.  They wanted to show images of 'heroic' firemen and the likes.  As it put it, "positive images".  Was nothing to do with the time of day or children.

« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:42:35 PM »

How old are you like?  Do you think you've been desensitised to really shocking events by violence in the media?

I thought I had been, I can stomach a lot of what's on the news that my parents find repellent, but those images give me butterflies in my stomach, a sickly feeling.  They're horrible.

JH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:47:13 PM »
Always hated seeing that the moment. The thought of all those people and those families is terrible.

There is always something not right about the thing whenever I watch it. The planes went into the top of the towers so how come they kinda imploded and collapsed? I still think there was a bomb set off from within both towers to cause them to fall.

It's like a Jenga tower. If you take out one of the top blocks, only the things above collapse, the stuff below is not affected and this is very strong steel structured buildings we are talking about.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:48:28 PM »
I find them impossible to watch without a shiver going down my spine.

I can't imagine what it was like watching live. Seeing the towers burning then the footage after I came in from school was one thing, but live must have been much more horrific. My mam and my grandma had been out during it and my grandad was in on his own. When they got back, they said he couldn't speak for an hour, he was so shaken up.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:50:17 PM »
I remember it well.  Was sitting skiving off school in me pit with the news on.  Was remarkable to see, triggered something off inside me that's made me obsessed with goings on around the world.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:51:05 PM »
Always hated seeing that the moment. The thought of all those people and those families is terrible.

There is always something not right about the thing whenever I watch it. The planes went into the top of the towers so how come they kinda imploded and collapsed? I still think there was a bomb set off from within both towers to cause them to fall.

It's like a Jenga tower. If you take out one of the top blocks, only the things above collapse, the stuff below is not affected and this is very strong steel structured buildings we are talking about.

Footage featured here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,16650.0.html

Poor Rebellious never got any replies to this but I watched them and it's interesting stuff. I am the type of person who likes a so-called "conspiracy theory" and although much of the speculation involving the American government seems too far fetched in places even for me, there are questions that need answering and things that just don't add up.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Sgrey

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:51:45 PM »
I remember the day too like, came in from school to see these two towers i had'nt hear dof destroyed. I had no idea at what disaster had happend at first like :(

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:54:40 PM »
I think its beautiful identifieing the falling man myself. I think his family should look at it differently as well. (if it was nolberto mind, they seem to be suggesting it wasn't now)

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:56:10 PM »

Jenga towers are constructed from horizontal blocks, the towers were constructed from vertical pillars i believe.

« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:56:42 PM »
i also think it was an extremley brave and noble way to go.

JH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 09:56:53 PM »
I was 11 at the time. I had no idea what was going on but the way that my brother was acting told me that it was very serious. He was saying this is the biggest terrorist attack to happen to anywhere and I just watched the towers and footage and the aftermath not knowing its significance.

I now understand though and if it happened today, I would have acted differently. It would have really got to me, I was young and didn't understand back then. It sends a shiver down my spine seeing it today. Would be terrible if anything like that ever happened again.

JH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:00:52 PM »

Footage featured here:

Poor Rebellious never got any replies to this but I watched them and it's interesting stuff. I am the type of person who likes a so-called "conspiracy theory" and although much of the speculation involving the American government seems too far fetched in places even for me, there are questions that need answering and things that just don't add up.

Cheers mate, I am in to it too.

I wont cancel out the possibility of anything. I believe the government klnow something with all this talk of bombs and setting up and the fact that FBI agents apparently found the black boxes from the planes and then told everyone that they hadn't.

The way George Bush reacted as well. He was in a school reading with kids at the time I think. I am sure that any decent man who was in his position would have done something. Someone whispers in your ear that one of the biggest towers in the world has had a plane crash into it killing hundreds, I think if he was not involved, he would have done something. But he just sat there and carried on reading. He either was in on it or he has no heart.

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:03:12 PM »

Footage featured here:

Cheers mate, I am in to it too.

I wont cancel out the possibility of anything. I believe the government klnow something with all this talk of bombs and setting up and the fact that FBI agents apparently found the black boxes from the planes and then told everyone that they hadn't.

The way George Bush reacted as well. He was in a school reading with kids at the time I think. I am sure that any decent man who was in his position would have done something. Someone whispers in your ear that one of the biggest towers in the world has had a plane crash into it killing hundreds, I think if he was not involved, he would have done something. But he just sat there and carried on reading. He either was in on it or he has no heart.

not really.

i think i may well have reacted the same. he would have been in shock (if he wasn't in on it), and he would not have known what to do. carrying on reading was just his way of reacting too it.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:03:15 PM »
Jonny, just got this from a mate.  You might like it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xs51xKHUnNs

This is worth a watch too - http://www.iwilltryit.com/griffin1.htm

JH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:07:09 PM »
Jonny, just got this from a mate.  You might like it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xs51xKHUnNs

This is worth a watch too - http://www.iwilltryit.com/griffin1.htm

Cheers mate, I will watch 'em

JH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:09:58 PM »
This is interesting as well:

http://www.freepressinternational.com/collapse_121904_wtc911_928g10044691.html

its broadcast on American News. It is a NY official telling everyone that the tower was going to collapse. Could just have thought it might have but interesting.

« Reply #21 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
The Wisconsin speech thing is very interesting Bluff. Looking at it now.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:18:15 PM »
- Not watched it yet, but me mate says it clearly shows explosions before the collapse.  It's taken from the other side of the river.  It's 1 hour 45 minutes though.  A proper analysis.
« Last Edit: Friday 10 June 2011, 08:06:01 PM by BlufPurdi »

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:19:34 PM »
The Wisconsin speech thing is very interesting Bluff. Looking at it now.

Aye.  It takes quite a while though, so be prepared.  I put it up a while ago, RobW denounced it all as rubbish though.  :lol:

« Reply #24 on: Thursday 16 March 2006, 10:22:05 PM »
I'll get me coffee. coffee.gif